Julia Bodeeb: Pathetic

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Vegas, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Vegas

Vegas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. sharibaby67

sharibaby67 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Her article does seem to be pretty subjective...I have been doing searches about crime in Cancun and I haven't found any tourist involed in any of the violent "drug cartel" activities.

She better hope no one comes after her! She doesn't need to add to the slump in the economy over there. Alot of Mexcian families depend on the tourist for income. Quite frankly they are some of the most polite and friendly people I have ever been around and they work hard too!

Shame on her!

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    This journalist gives journalism a bad name. She's a joke.

I left a comment, a polite comment but disagreeing. I noticed a few from here had also left comments along similar lines too. She deleted them all and then added links to a site which talks about 4 tourist accidental deaths that happened over the last four years or so. Swim pool accidents etc. The site she linked to is a site that has been spamming all Cancun message boards for the last few years.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the main story about drug mafia related crime, but she seized upon it to give Mexico a bad name and deleted comments that disagreed with her. Journalists are supposed to report facts, be impartial and not further their own personal agenda by means of the media. This woman lives in New Jersey - it's not like New Jersey is free of crime I'm sure.

What a sad excuse for a journalist she is.... and just so that Google picks this thread up if anyone searches for her name, her name is:
    Julia Bodeeb

I am going to email her with a link to this thread and invite her to defend herself here. This shit makes me mad.

4. Vegas

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree-it's total bullshit. Her name may be Julia Bodeeb White (from Google).

Pathetic excuse for an article & even more pathetic deleting the comments that disagree with her.

I've got some choice words for her.....

5. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve..To add to what you said about her living in NJ, and the crime there....you are right on the money. I know that in the past couple years Camden, NJ made the # 1 spot on a list of the 25 most dangerous cities in the US, and Newark, NJ not far behind at 23. Pretty pathetic for a state so tiny.
    And from what I remember reading about this story, these men were actually on there way to a bust...where was that in her story?

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've tried commenting a few times only to be deleted. I have now contacted Associated Content advising them of the lies and inaccuracies in the piece. I can't imagine that they want to be known for "news" articles that have little to no truth, based on assumptions and guesses and untruths.

Here's what I sent to AC.....maybe some of you will find the time to do the same....

Good morning,
    I would like to report a post that I believe is defamatory and an example of very poor journalism. The writer of http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...eral_mauro_enrique_tello.html?cat=16#comments is making incorrect assumptions and outright lies about the situation in Cancun. She is slandering the reputation of a city and a country, basing her writing on one article, with no facts, no research and zero integrity. Many of us have commented on her piece, but she has deleted any comment that contradicts her lies. She is suggesting that tourists are in danger in Cancun, without one single piece of evidence that it is true. As someone who has lived here for five years and follows the news closely, it makes me very angry that such a piece is allowed to be posted as "journalism", when in fact it is nothing but a scare piece based on nothing.

Does Associated Content support the posting of lies and deception? Can she be allowed to delete any opposing (and truthful) comments?

Please have a look at what she has written, the comments that have been made and deleted and the lack of evidence she presents. I would hate for people to believe that Associated Content supports false and inaccurate reporting.

Sincerely,

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just posted this comment to the article, we shall see if she deletes mine along with all of yours...
    For the record, I have rarely been more scared than that time I got lost at night driving around in a bad neighborhood in Trenton, NJ.

And here in Cancun I walk my dog alone at all hours of the day or night.

8. Cdn Cat

Cdn Cat Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just posted to this pathetic (Tabloidesque) news report. Lets see how long mine lasts
    RiverGirl - Surprise...your post is long gone from there.

9. Vegas

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Writers don't like to be exposed as ignorant bags of hot air that spew claims that they actually know nothing about.

In the case of that site, it's apparently a good haven for them since they can just erase anything that doesn't support the position of the writer(at least for Julia Bodeeb).

10. Vegas

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All questions deleted again.

I'm about to start playing mean

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice