John's Long-for-the-Short Trip - Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Stacia_and_John, Feb 26, 2013.

1. JCinTX

JCinTX Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good trip report, i always enjoy reading them. I have a feeling we're in for some chilly nights ourselves this week, oh well. We will make the best of it i'm sure!!

2. Joel & Paula

Joel & Paula Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0
    Paula's pole climbing skills![​IMG]

3. Deleted member 16644

Deleted member 16644 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Loved your trip report! Maybe will meet you in May if you make it back then. Sure to be warmer!

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Joel, I'd like to be present when Stacia teaches Paula how to work the pole....

*Beavis & Butthead Laugh* Heh-heh Huh-huh Heh-heh Huh-huh

Butthead: "You said Pole."

Beavis: "Work it! Work it!"

Sorry! Too easy, too straightforward! Especially since... ! LOL!

5. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I got my Global Entry card in December and Michael just had his appointment last week and is waiting for the card to be mailed :) depending on your airport, it could take 1-6 months to get an appointment scheduled, after your application is accepted. Since our airport in Seattle is one of the Pre-check airports, the wait was long. Pre-check is a special security line for domestic flights where you don't have to take shoes or belts off, and you can leave all the shit in your bag through security!! My application was approved a few weeks after I submitted it in Oct, but I couldn't get an appointment in Seattle until April! Luckily we had a Vegas trip planned in Dec, and I was able to schedule an appointment at that airport when we would be there.

Michael got his notification to schedule his appointment the day we traveled to Vegas, we tried to get them to allow him to be seen with me, but the customs agents were COMPLETE ASSHOLE DICKS - so whatever. We originally couldn't get him an appointment in Seattle until May, but we kept checking online and one opened up in late Feb, so he got it then. I say what I did about the Vegas agents, only after going with Michael to his appointment in Seattle - they were SO nice, helpful, and UN-DICKISH, stark contrast to Vegas!

Anyway, we are good to go through the express line for immigration and customs the next time we travel to Cancun and return home - and we can go through the "cool people line" in security at Seatac when flying within the US - kick ass!!

Michael has a platinum Amex and that is how we first heard of Global Entry - they offer a $100 credit to our account to offset the application fee as one of the benefits, and the concierge told us about it when we were booking a different trip. Very cool - totally worth doing, but be prepared for it taking some time to go through the process!

Nice trip report! I love men's dress shirt night - my new fav theme!

Oh - adding one more thing about Global Entry - you can go through the Nexus line at the Canadian border when re-entering the US if you have Global Entry. You have to go through another application process to enter Canada through the Nexus line, and we are doing that now. Same thing with driving back from Mexico, whatever the short line is called, you can use it when re-entering the US (when I lived in SoCal and went to Baja, didn't used to need a passport, now it is all different).

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
  7. newfiecouple

newfiecouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    great trip report!

8. Ready2GoNow

Ready2GoNow Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    'Stacia warned me not to jump as Bambi grabbed me all up and squeezed viciously, making me think I had been mean to her, like broke up with her by text message maybe'

This made me literally 'laugh out loud'!!! (i hate typing lol, just cant do it)
    We were there the 20th and people we met who had been there when you guys were said the same thing, the weather was horrendous. Sucks for you guys but glad it passed by the time we go there..!

9. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Awesome TR...Thanks for sharing.

10. Alicia

Alicia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Love the trip report! It was great to meet you guys! :)

Mike & Alicia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice