Joe's Jeep Adventure & Taxi Price from Ferry to La Isla

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by anokagirl, Sep 23, 2008.

1. anokagirl

anokagirl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Joe's Jeep Adventure & Taxi Price from Ferry to La Isla

We're staying on Isla Mujeres in January and are interested in doing a daytrip during our stay. Joe's Jeep Adventure caught my eye as a possibility. I'm like to hear feedback from anyone that has done this tour. What did you like/dislike? Any other tours you would recommend for a daytrip?

Also, looks like Joe's Jeep Adventure departs from La Isla Mall. Any idea what taxi fare would run from Puerto Juarez to the Mall?

Thanks in advance :cool: for your help!!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Was hoping for others to chip in but since no one did here are my thoughts:

I've never done it myself but it is quite a popular tour and gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Taxi from Puerto Juarez to La Isla I would pay about 100 but they will try for 200 (pesos). If it were me I would get the Isla ferry to right by the Riu hotels and take a bus from there.

Other tours, it depends what you are looking for. There is a lot to see and do, maybe the ATV Tour would be an alternative or addition to Joes if you like driving, day trips Xcaret and Xel Ha are lots of peoples favourites and then you have Tulum and Chichen Itza if you like ruins.

Take a look at my tours page (link below) that explains all the popular tours including Joes in detail:

http://www.cancuncare.com/Cancun_Tours/

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too have heard only good things about this tour.

You can also take the R-1 bus from Puerto Juarez or Gran Puerto for like $.60 US per person. Going back to the ports you need to look for the R-1 bus THAT SAYS PUERTO JUAREZ ON THE FRONT. NOT ALL R-1'S GO TO PTO JUAREZ. But all R-1's at Pto Juarez go to the hotel zone.

If you get a taxi AT either port it will be a miracle if you can get to Plz La Isla for $100 pesos. It is a sitio (like a taxi stand) and the fares are dramatically higher. Your cheapest deal for a taxi would be in the street, across from the ports. Negotiate your rate before you get in the cab though. Be almost as aggressive flagging a cab as you would in NYC as there will be locals going to town also looking for cabs. This will vary by the time of day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice