Job Opening - Cancun, MX

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by scott1981, Nov 9, 2012.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why not just leave the post alone if one doesnt like it..?

For some, this job could be great. For others, not so much, but why the constant need of "putting down" posts like this one?

Or hey, why not chime in with some constructive criticism?

2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am one hell of a people person. Doing PR at a very prestigious hotel here as a native English speaker, has been great for the hotel. I put out ALOT of fires because of the language barrier and my patience. And this job posting sounds GREAT...minus the fluency in Spanish. The salary not being posted is OK, as I work 6 full days a week making a bit more then the average salary of the locals. The hours alone are a BIG plus.

Onto what Rawkus said...I agree 100%. Things in the social networking world has gotten WAAAAY out of hand. I am sooooooooooooo close to getting out of the the local Cancun fb page because of the disgusting lack of professionalism and child-like behavior. BUT... the information shared by most would be a big loss for me. Can we please make this site a nicer, relaxed and friendlier place for everyone?

3. limejello

limejello Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sorry if anything I said was taken as rude, I certainly didn't mean it to come out that way. :aktion014:

My only concern was it seems like, all things considered, it will be quite difficult to find a qualified applicant who will also want to relocate to/remain in Cancun, and as Gringation pointed out, will also accept a "local salary", especially with all of the requirements listed in the original post.

I do wish the OP luck in finding a suitable prospect (and I do mean that in a friendly way)! :icon_smile:

4. Jojo306

Jojo306 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am with you 100%! Im new to this site and Im completely turned off by all of it! Its not just this thread but many others ive noticed as well. Didnt think people who lived in such a paradise would be so negative!

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Jojo, you are the one who concluded the comments were rude in tone, not the OP, whom we haven't heard from, aside from thanking a poster for calling attention to the fact that some listed minimum qualifications were not actual requirements.

The OP might learn from the comments that posters offered, such as there would be few who would qualify, on the qualifications stated, and that a salary for such a responsible position might have to be rather high to attract the high caliber of person he indicated was needed for this line of work.

The OP sought a place he could advertise for free: this being a forum rather than a classifieds page, posters chose to ask questions, and make comments about the posting, as could be expected to occur on almost any forum. Our posters, being rather generous people, offered apologies, even though none was truly necessary.

6. Jojo306

Jojo306 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And it continues....lol I think you guys just need to get out more and realize that is life beyond this crappy site!

7. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmmmmm. I'm confused by this thread. There has been nothing rude or negative - just a few comments. :huh:

I guess it's in what tone you choose to read the comments.

I'm still interested as to why companies tend not to post the salary? or if the OP wants to post the salary to see if it might suit anyone?

8. limejello

limejello Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, really? I apologized, and V explained his point of view in a very diplomatic way.

I can't help but think that you're being a wee bit sensitive.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  9. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I was kinda mean. :S

Honestly it's because I've seen many friends struggle to find a decent job here. It frustrates me that companies in Cancun try to hire people with difficult requirements (3 years experience, Masters degree, fluent Spanish and English, etc etc etc) then offer to pay a basic level salary or commission. I don't mind low pay and I certainly don't mind picky requirements... but I do think qualified/specialized people should be paid more than your average Joe.

I agree with Tori that this could be a great opportunity for many people (great hours, immigration help, possibly a decent salary), except for the fact that the requirements are almost impossible to fill.

(I don't have a huge problem with the salary not being posted because that can vary depending on the applicant's credentials.)

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,212 / 14
    Seems to me the only rude comments in this thread have come from you.

If you don't like my "crappy site" maybe you should find somewhere else. Perhaps try the troll infested Cancun Expat Facebook page instead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice