Jerk Oxxo Clerks and Their Refusal to Honor Telcel Promo

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by BruceWedding, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How many days a week did she work for you?

Our maid comes in for about 5 - 6 hours every Tuesday. We pay her $250 for the day, plus lunch and rides to and from home.

My in-laws also pay her $250 when she cleans their house on Saturdays, and I understand they also give her a generous Christmas bonus.

I've always understood that $200 - $250 pesos a day was the norm for a local maid.

2. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    she was a live-in. We normally tried to be the best paying in the neighborhood.

She left at noon on Saturday came back Monday morning. Used a 1/4 bottle of bleach to clean no matter if it was a pint bottle or a gallon bottle. I think the xmas bonus was a month pay? I still miss Tanya.

3. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: Sorry mate, no can do. The worker accepted the terms, and like any other job, is responsible for their own part.

The pay sucks, compared to the hours they push, sure, but its 3, small and simple words... If someone cant utter them, then I would not be comfortable with the same people to handle my cash.

Id feel sorry if there was any sort of sale pressure on these "kids", but its just a simple phrase, with 3 words.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good policy Johndish for two reasons in my mind.

One is that "if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys" and

Two is that if you pay more than everyone else, she won't leave you for a higher paying job.

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Exactly the range in which people are paying their maids, here, where I live, for someone who comes in and works part of a day.

We don't ask our maid to wash dishes or clothes, nor iron: she just cleans the floors, bathrooms, dusts, and cleans windows when they need it. It usually takes her about 3.5 hours, or a little less; an hour more, if she also washes some windows.

And, you're right, John, many people give their maids a month's extra pay at year's end- it's not required by law for domestic help, but is a much appreciated custom.

6. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought an aguinaldo WAS required by law for domestic help as for everybody else.

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Beauty of the internet, gbchayctca, is that those with an inquiring mind needn't rely on either of us, they :icon_wink: can look it up!

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Do you miss Cancun, now and then, too?

9. lovethetropics

lovethetropics Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    vent baby vent lol part of the show! llol eventually none of this will bother you or things will equalise themselves,,, Obviously you wwerent inMexico or cancun some 4o yrs ago,, lol I was! hehehehehe now its like water off a ducks back, i take thier name im poite, etc, then i report them whatever, or go straigthto profeco, in front of IMSS downtowntown or between oxxo n chedraui tulum, fithy store, ugh,,,,,,,,, i crigne when i need to go ex: batteries n im in the arrea, ugh, fithly same as Comer Mex in front of ADO, ugh,,,, outdated merchandise, etc, my favs?
    Soriana by far, excellent service, food, veggies fresh etc,, the very best,,, next we have the MEGO commercial mexicana on Kabbah,,,,,, then theres the newer one on lopez portillo close to banks n mc donalds, lol n its awesome! Excellent assortment of cheeses n goodies lol
    do NOT buy a single plant in Home Depot, Ive spent over 2 grand there n not one plant has survived,,,,,, normally they die within a week or less, bugs etc,,,,,, god onloy knows where they buy their stuff, also do not buy a kitchen there, sloppy work, etc, cabinets full of mould n mildew, etc, 4 th rate merchandise,,,,,,, takes only 5 weeks to be installed BADLY, then 5 more Months for them to pay attention, i finally went to profeco,,,,, consumer portection bureau,,,,,, they got me service al right,,, real fast,,,,,, or call home depot in the usa the main offices for mex are same as main offices for usa, so,,,,,,,, easy peasy, n beleive me they do take these issues seriously,,,,,, ! as for profeco its come a long way in past 30 yrs,, n boy bnow they got power n youre th e winner,,,,,,,, lol unlesss youre a real loser,,,,,, gee,,,,,,, humans,,,,,,,, lol enjoy,,,, life too short,,,,,,

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  10. lovethetropics

lovethetropics Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    maid service,,,

#1 maids in hotel zone get paid 200.00 mnp a day Minus taxes etc whiche means they get around 100.00 a day,/8 Hrs a day not the 5 or sohrs they charge,,,,,,,,
    I have a gf whoworked where i stayed, she got 200 pesos / day 6 days/ wk 8 hrs/day, minus taxes, etc, she went home w a paycheck worth less than 4 bucks cos noone wanted tohire an over 40 yr old skilled in computers etc,,,,,,, gosh,,,,,,,
    I had a maid 20 yrs ago 3 times a week. I stick around n help her, some jobs need 2 ppl to get done, Id cook n feed her, most mexicans make thier staff eat either outside or backyeard or on the street, no joke, my brother in law was an architect, lol imagine, no staff in house, unless working, eat outside, beans n rice, water, that was |IT he did this forever, after all he knew the scooop but w the expats thwy take advantage, so Paul, Do it all Paul, found the most respectable workers he could, excellent references, all honest, all find ways to make you save money, etc, so call Paul,,,,,, roarrringlion@yahoo.ca Paul can fix your place, care for it while youre away, cleansetc,,,,,, just write to roarrringlion@yahoo.ca,, hes the man,,,,, lol
    get a maid who is from a small village n willing to be live in, much easier much everything,, theyre now spoiled as are the workers you hire to do things in your home,,,,,, if in need of an excellentplumber w excellent references or electrician, or painter, or do it all, contact roarrringlion@yahoo.ca Paul can do it all, lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice