Jerk Oxxo Clerks and Their Refusal to Honor Telcel Promo

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by BruceWedding, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Cause here in Cancun, when us employees screw up, WE have to pay the $ to the companies. So if he doesn't ask, and the customer wants his credit, little man will be missing it from his paycheck. It happens to me more then I want to get into. I know ppl that had to pay out $300 plus dollars cause a customer is a pain in the ass.

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    That's just it, Bruce, I don't appreciate their employer trying to make me the policeman of their job performance, and refuse to be a party to this scheme.

3. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: It still doesnt make sense, to me. Im sure an Oxxo worker can manage to squeeze in 3, short words.

Its a policy that the worker has agreed too. Its not pushy, rather a question.

Maybe I missed something on this thread, but I just cant get my head around why this is a big deal.

Tori: Same goes in Sweden(and any other country I have lived in): If I screw up, I pay.

Compared to many other places, the Oxxo workers have it easy considering the all but massive amount of words needed to ask that question.

Ive heard the exact same question from supermarket cashiers ever since moving here in 2007. Simple question, three words. Doesnt seem too much, too me.

IF the Oxxo workers were forced to actually push a product, using aggressive selling, then I would feel sorry for them. But now, I dont.

Say the words = no trouble. :)

4. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have yet hear the words muttered from anyones mouth at any OXXO, and I don't care if they do or don't. I go when I need credit, and I don't ask when I am OK.

I have worked retail, or in some form of sales for the last 17 yrs, and I have NEVER had to pay for an upsell, which this is, until I came to MX. It's not about screwing up, that's a harsh way to look at it. Like V said, he could use the $ a lot more then you need the credit.

5. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tori: Ive never heard it myself, and the first time Ive ever heard about it, was when Bruce started this thread.

Knowing that they could end up paying out of their own pockets, should, in my world, make them more aware. It would do that to me, thats for sure.

If he/she/they just utter those 3 words, then no need to get cash removed from your salary.

Do I think the policy is stupid? Perhaps. But, I still cant feel sorry for them, as they know the rules.

As long as they dont shove Telcel(or any other) promotions down my throat, I have no issues with being asked "Quire una recarga?". I go to my local Oxxo almost every second day, yet I have NEVER been asked... In Wal Mart, Mega, Soriana, Chedraui etc. I get asked that question 9 out of 10 times.

6. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Really? Never heard it from them either. I guess it's just like the dealers here. No one in the 2.5 yrs I have lived here has asked me if I wanted to buy anything, but everyone I talked to have. Maybe it's me...and I like it this way. They all see me as a waste of time, cause I am gonna say no 100% of the time

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Come on, Rawkus, you can't conjure up just a little, sorry, knowing they may be trying to support a family on just 3,000 pesos per month, for full time work, as my maid is?

She hauls home everything we will give her, newspapers, plastic bottles, alum cans, even though her take on the stuff is unbelievably small; for example, five pesos for a KILOGRAM of cans. People this poor deserve to get a break from those of us who have more, now and then.

I make many times what those clerks in OXXO are paid, yet my boss wouldn't dream of deducting from my pay for my many errors. Why is it the poor always have to take it in the butt?

8. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I find it interesting that you have sympathy for the OXXO employees but, then you want trained massage givers to work for the same salary. I may be over generalizing but, that is how i read this post.

9. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I left almost 5 years ago to the day we paid our maid 2200 pesos every two weeks or 57,200 pesos per year or almost 5,000 pesos per month. Have wages gone down?

10. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Sure don't think I said that, John.
    Don't know, John, our maid works for us on her day off from her full time job, and we pay her 250 pesos for a half day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice