Jen&Kyle Trip Report...Desire Pearl vs TTR vs Desire Pearl Trip Report

Discussion in 'Desire Pearl' started by Jen&Kyle, May 19, 2014.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    The rack rates for Pearl are $500something for an Ocean View room (still way better than anything at TTR) or $1215 a night for penthouse. Pearl has a promotion where buy 3 and get the 4th free. In addition cheap tickets had (and happens to have it again this week) a 25% off deal. The end result was we paid 800 something a night. The ocean view room would of come down to $373 a night for our dates. Would definitely prefer pearl at $373 than TTR at $160. And although we loved the penthouse and had some kick ass parties I don't think the value is quite there for us to do penthouse again. Maybe (as I think about the AIWC body shots on the edge of the pool lol). I am one of those guys that works a ton. In computer software. Long hours on global implementations and I just wanted to splurge and go all out this trip. Jen is a former teacher, now stay at home mom. Work hard party hard. But it isn't all shits and giggles if u know what I mean :)

2. fitmaria

fitmaria Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We have stayed at Pearl for a week and day visited RM. RM has more rooms for sure. It felt about 1/3 larger.
    We preferred Pearl and felt the age difference was not that significant.
    It changed throughout the week.

3. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Yay! I've been waiting FOREVER for this TR. Can't wait for day 4. Hurry up, Kyle!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

4. onlyyoungonce

onlyyoungonce Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow that room is amazing! Now that's the type of rooms I like to see at a resort. Reminds me a lot of the room we had at the moon palace minus the big pool but had a hot tub in every room (which I see as a necessity) was very disappointed in the room we got at TTR

5. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I just posted day 2 on the Desire pearl forum. I always wished that forum had the traffic on pearl that CCC has on TTR so my attempt to have two wonderful forums :). Will post here later.

6. lynnshaun

lynnshaun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Post here!!! Can't wait to hear about day 2!!

7. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Sunday May 18th
    One of the advantages of the penthouse passion suite is free room service. Your butler seeks you out the previous day and asks what you would like for breakfast the next day and at what time. We ordered some omelets, fresh fruit and juice for 10am. Knowing we wanted to sleep in late every day this trip and not get up early for pool chairs like we usually do at TTR. The food arrived on time, hooray, but the omelets were wrong, boo. Oh well, we were determined to make Sunday better than Saturday so we headed for the pool.

A little about how chairs work at the pool. There is one large figure 8 like pool with an end were the activities are and another end where it is quiet. We like to be near the activities so we sought out the pool attendant and told him where we would like to sit each day and tipped $20. Every day our same chairs were set up for us so we could meander down around 10. With one exception, Jared's off day, another minor detail that you would hope a resort like this would have that worked out. It is important to note the beach is also so nice that many prefer the beach. Lots of palapas and day beds.

On Sunday we elected to try one of the beach beds in the morning. Very elegant and private. I decided it was time to try this naked thing and loved it. It was a very romantic, relaxing couples environment. I even received an unexpected 'special treat' from the Mrs that I would say was the best I have ever had. Something about Pearls ambiance. So things were looking up, literally, sorry couldn't resist lol. It was very hot as the act seemed to turn on the only other couple under 40 (maybe a slight exaggeration, nothing wrong w age, were just disappointed in not many people like us, yet) in the beach bed next to us and they followed suit. The atmosphere was so sensual it seemed like the right thing to do. Most don't even notice as it felt like that type of stuff happens all the time and after a while you get desensitized to it. So no gawking or pointing. Just good husband wife fun.

At 10am the entertainment staff shows up daily and starts organizing events. There is daily yoga which I believe was 10:30am and daily volleyball at 11am. However Sunday the resort was like a ghost town. They tried to get a volleyball game going but I can't play volleyball against myself. They claimed 83% occupancy but the turnover was so high that I don't think the new people arrived yet.

We would alternate days skipping breakfast or lunch and instead choose to stay poolside. Beautiful sunny hot day with a good breeze that we grew to appreciate. In the pool they have 2 basketball hoops and the wife and I shot some hoops and enjoyed a relatively quiet day in the sun.

We checked out the hot tub scene at about 5 and there was maybe 1/3rd the people from Saturday. Definitely not a party. A little mingling with the new folks but a short visit before going back to try out that amazing tub overlooking the patio. Sadly we had no hot water in the tub. A call to our butler and it was fixed. We tried the Pearl restaurant for dinner at a little after 8. The menu theme was aphrodisiac. Best meal we have had in all our trips to cancun. Small portions but we like it that way on vacation. Still dreaming about the Filet and shrimp we had. Impeccable service also equaling the fabulous service we have always received at TTR.

Between dinner and the nightly show at 10:30 there is always a band or dj in the lobby where some congregate for a cocktail. We met some more nice people and decided to change for the theme night which was angels and devils. It is great that the resort has an organized them night for each night. This was an advantage for pearl over TTR. The cancuncare forum groups usually organize theme nights of course but this is just a small percentage of the entire resort so participation is hit and miss depending on the size of the group. At Pearl the participation was not bad. Always wish it was everyone but there were enough so it was never uncomfortable. Mostly the ladies participate but there are always a few guys (maybe 3-8 depending on the night). I had devil boxers, a devil cape and horns. The mrs a tiny black dress with black angel wings (she was one of those bad angels lol). As we were getting ready at 10 the power went out. The backup generators tried to come on but failed. We thought great, maybe this will turn the party up a notch and rushed down to the lobby. Sadly only about 12 people. No music, very little lights from flashlights, everyone looking very bored. We rushed back to the room , got our Bluetooth battery powered speaker and a tub of 100 glow sticks (there wasn't any neon night originally scheduled but I read pearl changes them nights from time to time and sure enough they changed the next night from kings/queens to neon). Returned and started our own party in the lobby with apprx 12 friends... handing out glow sticks to everyone we could find including staff and playing music. Sadly the party didn't grow as most people equated power out with bedtime and not party time I figured with us entertaining the remaining guests it was worth 1 free sugar free red bull (normally $5 usd) but no luck. This damn resort with a stick up its ass wasn't giving me much for my $ at this point. Then it dawned on me. Everyone must be at the hot tub! Off to the hot tub. Nope. Pitch black and 4 people. But they were fun people. The bartender found the chocolate, we pulled out our AIWC and we did shots until 3am. The power came back on at 1am and they couldn't get the music restarted (personally I think they just wanted us to go to bed ) but I had my speaker, chocolate, AIWC, glow sticks and my red devil cape (nothing else by the way, it was time to embrace this nudity thing) so we were going to party no matter what. At 3 something Jen and I had relations (ha) under the stars on our patio again. By 4 I was hungry. Free 24x7 room service! Hooray! Call the number, no answer. Again, no answer. Again, no answer. I just keep getting more and more upset as I throw on clothes to go storm the kitchen. On the way out the door my sweet wife says to try one more time and they answer. Hooray! But with something like 'what do you want'. Add your own Mexican accent. I ordered like twenty things lol.
    Damn them. The war is on

Monday was bound to be a better day as we were going to visit friends at ttr who we met last may and had an epic AIWC shot day with. Only problem, initially they quoted me $240 to visit and via email I negotiated with Melissa (front desk manager) down to $80. Not acceptable when you are paying $800 a night and rooms were available for $160 a night at ttr. Now add our problems and we were gearing up for a battle after 4 or so hours sleep to reenergize!

I promise each day gets better

8. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Ooohhhh....We don't get many good battle scenes in trip reports! Can't wait!
    :popcorn:

9. T&C.

T&C. Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    Day Three, Day Three, Day Three!

10. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6
    Ooooohhhh! This is so exciting!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice