Jen&Kyle Trip Report 4/26-5/3

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Jen&Kyle, May 9, 2013.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Hello everyone. Great week. Already planning a return trip in October.

1st some background. We have 3 kids, pretty vanilla at home. Sure we do a dinner or two and occasional night out to a club to see a DJ we like but nothing like TTR at home. TTR is our chance to escape the real world, pretend we are on spring break, meeting nice interesting people and maybe throw in a little sexy time. Draw your own conclusions as to what that means, I am not even sure anymore. :)

What we love best is the people. We like to meet a wide variety while at TTR, wandering from group to group, couple to couple. We find the different perspectives, lifestyles, backgrounds fascinating. Young/old (but young at heart), swingers/swayers/vanilla, from all walks of life. Keeps things interesting and a party but we always leave wishing we spent more time with ____ or had dinner with ___. We wont list names in the report because we always leave someone out accidentally. So sorry for not getting to know everyone (we really wish we could) and for those of you that we partied with we hope you enjoyed the body shots as much as we did :)

If you cant tell already I tend to write a detailed report and it takes me a couple days sitting down to write it. So if you prefer the reports that dont ramble on with lots of detail then maybe this one isnt for you. Sorry.

TRIP PLANNING
    1st some pre trip advice. My party drink of choice is Sugar Free Red Bull with a good orange vodka, i.e. Grey Goose Orange. The resort has Skol Orange which isnt horrible but I wouldnt call it good. They also have Sky vodka but not flavored. We like Rum also and they do have Captain Morgans.
    TIP: You are allowed 1 duty free liter of alcohol into Mexico per person. We purchased a Grey Goose Orange at the airport duty free story in Philadelphia. This was a good deal cheaper than the duty free store at the Cancun airport. However, my local liquor store was cheaper than both. The liquor store and OXXO convenience store near TTR only had basic liquors. No grey goose, stoli, etc. So bring 2 liters if you like a specific liquor.​
    TTR does have Red bull on sale for $5 each. But not sugar free so we brought our own. The liquor store across the street has it for around $4. We brought 20 ounce Bubba mugs too which also helped with the drinking.
    TIP: Bring enough sunscreen. We used an entire can of 30 in 4 days and had to purchase another for $30 US. Ouch. ​
    We went for 7 nights and purchased thru Alpharooms for $130 a night. Amazing that you can stay in Cancun for $130 night and it includes Alcohol and Food. What a deal!
    TIP: When pricing your trip on Alpharooms play with your dates. Move the arrival and departure date by a day. Try breaking up the reservation into two reservations. Frequently they will quote the nightly rate at the highest night you are staying. For example, I am pricing a week in October and it quotes me at $160 a night for all 7 nights. But if I take the last day off I get $138 a night. Makes more sense to book 6 nights at $138 and 1 at $160 then all 7 at $160! Also the prices change multiple times a day so keep checking until you get what you want. Under $160 should be considered a great deal.​
    In past trips I upgraded upon arrival to a jacuzzi room for $50 something a night. Wow was it worth it. Read our 2010 report for details :) This trip due to the expected high April occupancy rate and potential oversold situation I emailed the resort directly a month in advance asking for an upgrade. They offered the Drops of Love package at $100 a night. Included was the jacuzzi room, priority reservations at the restaurants, a massage, daily chocolates in the room, 1 private lobster dinner on the beach and 1 jacuzzi treatment that included roses, candles and bath salts. Well worth the extra money. Highly recommend it. I will describe the amazing romantic dinner later in the report.

I told you I write too detailed. I didnt even get to the first day details. I will continue with the first day tomorrow. Here are some pictures. Jen upon arrival and the two of us having dinner on the beach.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Oh, Jen & Kyle, you keep leaving us hanging with the whole cousin situation!! We want details!! :)

3. CoreynSummer

CoreynSummer Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, you can't do that. Come on now. Tell us!

4. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Lol. Sorry. I have to get up in 6 hours and Jen wants some attention (or maybe it is me that wants to give her attention after thinking about last week). Regardless, the cousin doesn't arrive until Sunday so I have to write Friday and Saturday 1st :)

5. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    So far a job well done. Waiting to read more.

6. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Fiday 4/26

Flight, customs, transfers with USA Transfers were smooth and easy.
    TIP: If you are like me and want to get to the resort in record time after landing then remember to fill out the arriving AND departing info (found at the bottom) of the immigration form they give you on the plane. 90% forget and are reminded once you get off the plane. If you remember and fill it out on the plane then you bypass everyone rushing to fill it out and go to the front of the line at immigration. Every minute counts when you want to get to the sexy pool!!!
    Most people on here know this by now but for newbies...going through the corridor to get outside to USA Transfers be sure to ignore all the people asking where you are going or asking who your transfer is. They are timeshare and they will tell you anything to get you to come with them including that they are USA Transfers if you say you are looking for USA Transfers.

Trip to the hotel was slightly over 20 mins. We had a special check in desk for drops of love where we set up our dinner reservations for the week, including our private lobster dinner on the beach and the hot tub treatment. Afterwards they tried to get us to do the timeshare presentation. They pushed harder than ever this time. On our 1st and 2nd visit I said we had already been here and done the tour and were not interested and they left us alone. This time I tried the same thing and they said this is different, the resort has changed, it isnt timeshare anymore but a discount program, etc. We just kept walking and gave them our name so they would take us off the call list for the next day. They call people they think may still be interested in the presentation early the next morning so it is important to give them your name so they dont call. FYI, people who did do the presentation estimated it took 1.5 to 2 hours.

We headed off for the Sexy Pool about 11:30. Of course at that point all the chairs were taken so we went to the beach where there are always chairs available. Was surprised to see a couple people sunbathing nude. No one seemed to mind and no one bothered them. I had heard that the resort would tell you to put clothes on but for some reason this day they didnt bother. Eventually made our way to the sexy pool and started meeting many of the people we met in advance on the site. We specifically picked this week based on the people. There were a lot of people with similar interests to us and we could tell in advance it would be a party week. The planning definitely paid off.
    Note: we are picking our week for the fall the same way. Looks like October 3rd - 12th timeline is setting up to be a good party. Come join us! We will likely pick 5 nights somewhere in there.
    We got right to the shots with several groups of instant friends that all made us feel welcome. Sadly Jen succumbed to the 1st day curse as a result. I did however make it to the foam party / white party / glow night. The party was great with a nice DJ playing Dance, House with some Mexican flavor thrown in. Patyos was packed from 10-2. Music stopped a little before 2 but people partied until 4 or 5ish.

The foam aspect of the party was a letdown. The problem was the wind. Great concept that should work on a non-windy day. They put a machine on the overhang that drops foam onto the dance floor. It didnt get too high (maybe 1-3 feet?) as the wind was blowing it to all areas of Patyos. Kind of a pain as it flew in your drink or smacked you in the face while talking to someone.

The glow part of the party was fun. It is bring your own glow sticks/paraphernalia. We brought a tube of 100 sticks. I made a flower out of the sticks with the help of some friends and stuck it down my linen pants. Wow I met a lot of friends that way. People cant resist touching a glowing flower! :)

Jen made a recovery around 1am and she added a glow flower to the back side of her dress. Not surprisingly more people then wanted to touch her flower over mine :( I slightly remember people taking pics (Scott/Jen?, maybe someone from the Call Me Maybe group?). If so please share.

Definitely fun times to start the trip with a lot of fun people. I always end the night with two hot dogs and french fries. I find them better than the hamburgers. They dont have them out so you just have to specifically ask for them and they hook you up!

Here is a pic of me. Wish I had one of Jen. She looks a lot better. Man I was a mess after being up 24 hours straight with a pool party then a foam party :) Note the strategically placed flower.

[​IMG]

7. vdeb

vdeb Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Geez, Kyle is quite the tease! Bring on the cousin update!
    Enquiring minds want to know lol

8. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Ay, Kyle... you continue to tease!

Please, someone get Jen to the keyboard! Maybe she will be able to give us the skinny!! :)

9. Deleted member 22979

Deleted member 22979 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes Im quite curious if you busted out your outfit for lingere night in front of the cousin, Kyle?? LOL

10. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I think you all are going to be really disappointed when we get to the cousin part of the report. Too much hype. Plus I have been told I can only say certain things :(

No one cares about the foam party or drinking contests or hot tub party or the infamous 4/30 cruise or AIWC body shots? Everyone wants the reality show family drama? I have to get to Sunday first and my job and 3 kids are slowing me down. One more teaser... most folks guessed really wrong on what would happen. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice