Jen&Kyle Trip Report 2/24 to 3/2

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Jen&Kyle, Mar 7, 2010.

1. jmg944t

jmg944t Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be back next year in late Nov/ early Dec and again for week 8 in Feb/Mar. Might have to work hard this summer and try to do 2 trips of 10 days each.

I am the same way with almost no sleep down there (or here). There is too much going on to sleep!

2. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow sounds like an awesome time! And your repost may be ALMOST as wordy as mine from a couple years ago!:daveandmo:

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Yeah, sorry about the wordiness and rambling. I think I like to spell out the detail for three reasons...
    1) others detailed reports really helped us out for our trip
    2) i am really enjoying reliving one hell of a week.
    3) i feel if i dont write it down then i will forget it. short term memory good, long term bad :)

4. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write it.
    Marsh

5. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Sunday 2/28 - BOOZE CRUISE!!!

I think my memory will fail me the most for this day. I know there are a lot of others who have returned recently that were on the cruise (cantwait, fun in the sun, ntbaby, gingerc, kaboom, northernguy88, kso303, islandprincess, cancuntom, etc) so please feel free to add what I missed.

Definitely do a nice full buffet before the cruise. The alcohol starts flowing early so it helped to have a good meal first. Meeting time was 9:15 in the lobby and we eventually migrated right outside the front door where a couple vans came to pick us up to take us to the boat. Very short ride. Maybe 5 mins?

Things to bring...
    - sun tan lotion (apply in advance too though, biodegradeable protects the reefs)
    - hat if you burn easy (but dont let your hat blow off like northernguy. The crew was so nice that we turned around to fish his hat out of the water.)
    - towels. we brought two from the room but others grabbed two from the pool which of course are larger.
    - $60 each payment for the cruise. Like promised their were no add ons or hard sales pitches
    - $ for shops on the island. we found the prices very good. $ for tip at the end. they recommend $5 or $10 but we found the service so amazing that we did $20 and they seemed to really appreciate it.
    - a larger cup might have made it easier to not spill the beers
    - camera

We had already met a good number of the group the day before at the pool including cantwait, fun in the sun, ntbaby, gingerc, kaboom and northernguy so everyone was very comfortable around each other. Us and cantwait were the last to board so we ended up on the very top roof of the catermaran. Its the 10x10 section on top of where the captain sits. Boat was definitely a little tight for 38 people but we made the best of it. Of course being close together has its advantages also :)

I think they started serving beer and sex on the beach 5-10 mins into departure. So the party started immediately. They did a great job of keeping our cups full. We quickly realized the music was on a loop so we even made up a drinking game. Whenever the 'its my life' song or a black eyed peas song or a guns n roses song (this later switched to simply an 80's song to turn the drinking up a notch) came on then everyone in our top section had to finish their drink no matter how much was left. Also most of the tops came off and were run up the sail. (see the picture in our album on our profile).

Before you knew it we were at the snorkeling spot. Most people went snorkeling. I decided it was not a good idea due to the number of drinks consumed already. However, for some reason it did seem like a good idea to jump off the top of the boat into the water. Didnt get a picture of me but Jen did get a picture of Troy from fun in the sun. See album. Thankfully everyone survived.

Everyone reboarded for more drinks and then we were off to the island for lunch. You had the opportunity to pet a shark at the docks there. Some people did and said it was fun. I have some pics of the docks and the restaurant and the amazing blue water in the album. Lunch was included and very good. Included fruits, chicken, rice, chips and salsa, fried fish and some other traditional mexican items. Definitely a good meal. They had a bar there too, beer and sex on the beach included. Other alcoholic drinks were extra. We played some adult games on the beach which were fun and then were back to the boat.

So I think it is about 1-2ish at this point? And the party definitely got turned up a notch. I dont want to say anything anybody doesnt want said so lets just say a lot of the girls started getting friendly and everyone loves friendly girls! Sadly I had to omit those pictures from the album :(

Next stop was another port on the island where all the shops are. You have about an hour to browse merchandise or go to one of the local bars. Most of us choose the local bar as the USA/Canada hockey game was in progress.
    TIP: you can haggle with the merchants but I found the prices so good I didnt bother. Jen wanted these two wooden turtles for the kids. Me being the expert negotiator insisted on doing the purchase. I had this great plan to negotiate him down 50%. Then he said $1 per turtle and I felt like a fool. What am I going to do, negotiate him down to 50 cents?

Back on the boat and it was body shot time. The crew brought around big bottles of shots and sprayed them all over the ladies for their husbands/boyfriends to slurp off and then of course it spread to lady on lady and the shots kept getting lower and lower and well you can probably guess the rest. Great, wholesome American/Canadian fun! An unnamed couple even disappeared down into the galley for some fun.
    TIP: the crew says they will guard the door but then instead they actually open it up and waive people down to watch. We found it hillarious but only because we were not the couple in the galley.

We were running a little late and made it back to the docks around 6ish I think? Overall an amazing time. A great group of people made the cruise a time we will always remember.

Thankfully the fun did not end there. Our new best friends from the upper deck brought a twister board and we got to play twister that night and see one of those double headed showers we had heard so much about on this board. You have to clean off all that seawater some how right? Man I like writing these reviews. Have to go see Jen now before she goes to bed. Only one day left, Monday. Will hopefully finish tomorrow.

6. Luvinit

Luvinit Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Hey Jen & Kyle!
    I referenced your trip report in the March 24th provisional booze cruise thread. We seem to be having a difficult time convincing people to make it happen. I'm hoping your report gives a good idea of the fun that can be had. I'm aware that it all depends on the crowd but, your trip sounds like it was an absolute blast! Thanks for sharing :lotsofmichaelfs:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  7. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    We had a lot of people join at the two week mark so hopefully you will get enough over the next couple days to push you over the top.

Your main selling points are...
    - the scenery is beautiful. You don't see the really blue beautiful waters at the resort. You do on the cruise.
    - it is simply a great time as shown above
    - you meet more people from the resort so if it is early in your trip it is a great way to make new friends
    - If it is late in your trip (like us) you will appreciate the different atmosphere
    - total cost for the two of us was only 142 - 2 times 60 for the cruise, 20 tip and 2 for the wood turtles we bought. We spend half that in tips a day at the pool bar and restaurants anyway without all the extras
    - get a little Mexican flavor on the island. Sometimes at the resort we forgot we were in mexico
    - and last but not least, body shots. We felt uncomfortable at the pool due to all the cameras (until or last day at least) but not uncomfortable at all on the boat

Good luck and enjoy. We envy you!

8. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Phenomenal trip report man, keep it up. Living vicariously through your details and wishing like hell we could go.

9. christiger

christiger Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kyle, just one question....you are awesome at this trip reporting wanna write ours when we get back !!! We can't wait to get there !! Awesome job by the way. Are you being paid...lol Can't wait for Mondays...but then we'll all be sad it ends !!!

10. northernguy88

northernguy88 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awsome report man, Glad to have my hat back. I told them to keep going and forget about it but I'm happy they backed up. LoL they just started collecting the tops I didn't wanna kill the mood. ha ha .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice