Jen&Kyle Trip Report 2/24 to 3/2

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Jen&Kyle, Mar 7, 2010.

1. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
  2. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome, I am loking forward for the rest..........

3. Jwoww

Jwoww Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Great report so far! I cant wait to get there!!!

4. onebusyman

onebusyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 0
    Thanks for sharing. Only a couple more days and we start making our own fun.

Can't wait.

Kellie has some hot outfits for lingerie night. Hope the photo dudes don't ruin it for us. That would make me made, she is being very brave and daring, I'm so proud of her.

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Friday 2/26
    Thanks for all of the positive feedback. Before we get into Friday details I forgot about a couple things from Thursday...
    1) at 10:15am ish I went to make the dinner reservations. You can reserve the current day plus 3 more days. Good news is there were only 4 couples ahead of me so it was only about a 15-20 minute wait. Bad news is nothing was available for Thursday or Friday night. Got a reservation at the Asian for Saturday night (only had 9:30 or later available) and for Italian on Sunday night (everything available, pretty much time of my choice). In the Thursday report I mentioned we went seafood which was great and see below what we did for Friday night. So this ended up not being an issue at all.
    2) music at the pool was horrible Wed and Thurs. When I read previous trip reports people described it as techno. This is not the case. I think what those people are thinking of is what is played on the weekend when they bring in a DJ and that is actually House. The type of music you would hear at any popular club in Philly, New York, Vegas, LA, etc. That is the good stuff but only on the weekend. What we heard at the pool Wed/Thur was some mixed together top 40, rock and house. They would play 20-30 secs of a song and then switch to another song. Imagine Sweet Home Alabama for 30 secs followed by Black Eyed Peas for 20 secs followed by Guns N Roses. Some people liked it I guess. Not our thing but hey there were many other great distractions to keep us busy.

Ok now onto Friday...
    Since we were up till 5am Thursday night anyway we went and reserved chairs before going to bed. Was not happy when Jen woke me up at 8 to do it all over again. But we had such a good night Thursday night that we rallyed. Did the breakfast buffet again. Seemed to get better every day or maybe we were just getting happier by the day. Got our towels and were relaxing by the pool by 10am. Another so so weather day. Mostly cloudy and chilly but at least it wasnt raining. Made ourselves promise to not start drinking until after lunch as we were hurting from the night before. But then one of those damn waitresses walk by and ask you if you would like a drink and it is nearly impossible to say no. Started slowly, then had lunch at the Buffet which opens at 1pm for lunch. Definitely liked Margaritas better for lunch (they open at noon).
    TIP: if you want to avoid the buffet for lunch then get to Margaritas right at noon. We found that if you waited until 12:30 there was always a line that was not worth waiting in. This was a busy week so maybe it wont be this way in slower weeks.

I think this was the day Dave (northerncanadianguy) and I entered and won the volleyball tourny. I dont know why but I am naturally suspicious of single guys on vacation. But Dave, and some other single guys we ran into, were some of the nicest guys I have ever met. Down to earth, just looking to have a good time and meet new people.
    Of course we also ran into the other kind too, like the guy a group of us named Creepy Old Surfer Dude who liked to sit 3 feet from my wifes feet and try to take pictures until I chased him off but I am going to try to focus on the positive in this report (if you want the negative see my views in the camera thread).
    Anyway, you meet all types of people with different perspectives on life and this is one of the things we both liked best about the resort. So many friendly people to talk to and drink with. We probably had 20+ drinking buddies on Friday. Hard to recover from Thursday night with that many drinking buddies. Another benefit was Dave and I won these cool yard cups shaped like an elephant. Another good conversation starter but I will save that for the Saturday report.

Since the weather was not the best the cancuncare group decided to liven things up with many, many rounds of shots. This is when I realized Mike from jmg### (cant remember the numbers) is really as crazy as he sounds in all of his posts on here. One of the most entertaining mother f'ers I have ever met. Anyone that carries a bag of 40 bikinis to the pool and dumps them out every hour for his wife to change into is a guy I realized I wanted to party with for the rest of the week. Always coming up with creative ways to turn the party up a notch. I feel like I could ramble on and on about this scene for a while so I digress so I dont bore everyone, just some tips...
    TIP: If you want a straight shot of whiskey or tequila you need to be very specific with the bartenders and say nothing else in it. I cant tell you how many times I ordered a shot of whiskey for the group and it came out red or a shot of tequila and it came out blue. I think they are told to mix something in it by management probably to stop us from getting too drunk and to save $.
    Another observation about the music. It seems like again it was the horrible mix and about 5pm they start playing really slow music. I think this is to encourage people to leave the pool area. Saturday and Monday were not like this but Wed/Thur/Fri were. Maybe it had something to do with the weather.

We didnt have dinner reservations so we went to the Italian restaurant about 8ish with our new friends matt/leah.
    TIP: $10 got us a table. The Italian restaurant is slightly bigger than the Asian so this seems to work for almost everyone I talked to that tried it. Others had less success with the Asian restaurant.

Food again was fabulous. Much better than we ever expected from an all inclusive. Service was top notch. The other 3 in my party enjoyed the wine. I stuck to my beers. We left a $20 tip and the waiter remembered our names on the next visit and actually came up to say hi to us at the pool the next day. They really appreciate the tips! Sadly both girls were not feeling well about an hour after the dinner. Not sure if it was due to a long day of drinking or the food. Regardless, Friday night became Guys Night Out!

We missed the show at Nice Shoes but made Patty O's around midnight. They had a nice DJ going playing House music and the place was definitely rocking. Seemed like a lot of new people had arrived at the resort for the weekend and the place had a great vibe. We had planned to go to the clubs with the resort one of the nights but it never happened since we were having so much fun at the resort itself. Whenever anyone asked where our ladies were we would just yell at them GUYS NIGHT OUT! Even strangers. Probably looked like a bunch of idiots but again Nobody knows you and nobody gives a ____. I also learned this night that I really like Single Canadian Girls. Man you all know how to party. Good thing we were being good faithful husbands or it would have been trouble :aktion014:
    Tons of singles (guys and girls) seemed to arrive for the weekend.
    TIP: the grill at Patty O's stays open very late. I think until 5am. The hot dogs and fries were amazing. Not sure if it was due to the alcohol or since I had not had one in 5 years (serious diet) but they were soooo good that my new cancuncare friends kept stealing them from me. I think I miss the hot dogs as much as the hot tub parties :)

Ok it is late and I am rambling. More tomorrow, hopefully I will get Saturday, Sunday (booze cruise day) and Monday done. Sorry about the length but I am enjoying reliving the experience :icon_lol:

6. jmg944t

jmg944t Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its not that late, keep rambling :)

I never brought all of the bikinis to the pool. That would have looked wierd.:aktion030: I still owe you a few pictures:icon_biggrin:

7. the-pred

the-pred Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Was looking for the jacuzzi tip you said you wold get to on Friday. Did you upgrade? What did it cost? Love the details its our first time and love learning from your mistakes :)

8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Oh yeah. Sorry, we went to the front desk at 9am and asked about the upgrade. They said a king jacuzzi room would be available in an hour but they needed to verify I was on the waiting list. They pulled out some sheet that had a bunch of people on it and I was at the top and got the upgrade for $54 a night. We were placed in 1108, perfect location over looking the quiet pool. I noticed other names had the $100 per night price next to it. So definitely ask for $50. Since the resort was so booked we had to stay in our regular room for two nights while on the wait list and then got the jacuzzi room for our final four nights. Room had better sunlight, seemed slightly wider and had an amazing view. Only negative is it was one of the jacuzzi rooms that did not have a privacy shade. Our room and 1109 is where two buildings connected so there is no overhang for the shade to be hung.

Another thing they let me do before purchasing was check out the room with a bell man. Apparently you can do this upon initial check in also. Nice personal touch to be sure you are happy with the room. Once I saw how much better the jacuzzi room was I would have paid 100 to upgrade. Another help was it was a chilly first three days so we knew we would make good use of it. I don't think I can put the details of the use in the trip reports :)

end result, if you get the chance, upgrade.

9. Western Iowa Traveler

Western Iowa Traveler Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    We arrived home from our first trip 1 month ago, and its great to read your report and see how similar our experiences were. Our biggest difference so far is when we went for a hot tub party, the plug in the bottom of the tub wouldn't stay down to hold water in the tub, so....
    someone had to sit with their butt on the plug the whole time or the water would drain out

10. vlujan

vlujan Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    your trip reports are great! We are first timers so it is very appreciated from us :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice