Jeep safari from Cancun to Cozumel??????

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by barnstyke, Mar 20, 2007.

1. barnstyke

barnstyke Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hola need some help.

I’m sure that we read somewhere (may be last year) about a jeep safari trip from Cancun to Cozumel. Can anyone help as I cant find info about it now.

BTW I don't mean Joes Jeep Safari.

Thanks for any help. Daz.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This sounds a bit far fetched. You mean you take the Jeep over on the car ferry to Cozumel? That's expensive, and lots of extra driving, since the car ferry departs from Calica which is way south. You can rent Jeeps both in Coz and here on the mainland, but the prospect of bringing a rental car on the car ferry as part of a tour doesn't work in my head. I've taken my car over there but wouldn't do it unless I was staying for a couple of days at least, otherwise it's not worth the hassle.

3. barnstyke

barnstyke Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know i read about a Jeep Tour somewhere, it could have been from Playa but not 100%. The tour did involve a ferry trip over to the island some Snorkelling, Food and a tour of the island. Just can't remember if it was from Cancun. May be it was a dream. LOL

Daz

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well the car ferry is another half hour south of Playa, down in Calica, and there aren't too many trips a day and it's quite a bit of money...and it's slow.

Maybe they take the people ferry over to Coz and then rent a Jeep there? That would be a fun day, the people ferry runs a lot more often so it's a much nicer prospect, and it's faster and cheaper...

You could just do it yourself, don't need a tour company for that...Cozumel isn't that big.

5. barnstyke

barnstyke Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RiverGirl thankyou :D :D :D

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I went to Cozumel we brought our mountain bikes and rode around, it was great fun. We saw lots of Jeeps up on the north side, there are a bunch of dirt roads up there. I'm sure when you rent a Jeep there they will tell you where to go.

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    barnstyke, I found this tour for you as well....

http://www.cancunvista.com/cozumel_tours_shore_excursions/jungle_jeep_tour_cozumel.htm

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/JeepAdventureExcursion.htm

Going around Coz on your own is fun, but you won't be getting into the jungle and really exploring, mostly you'll take the main road that circles around. The jeep tour actually sounds fun. (I would say the opposite to be true on Isla Mujeres where I really prefer the DIY tour). The main problem with doing the Cozumel jeep tour is getting there early enough. If you are not an early riser, perhaps a night spent in PDC is in order.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Listen to Canuck, she used to live in Coz. I was there for only 4 days once (with my car and mtn bike and cooler and husband).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice