Jan 30th - Feb 6th Trip report!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Gus&Mel, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Gus&Mel

Gus&Mel Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We arrived in cancun around 12:30 - 1:00pm Made it through customs and the sea of timeshare sharks to get to our ride to the resort. Best Day was the carier and they did a great job we would definately reccomend. We got to the resort around 2:00pm and there were no lines at the front desk, check in went fast and smooth, our room was ready and a bellhop took our bags to our room. We had an ocean view overlooking the sexy pool ( 2211 ) but our door was to Patty O's so it was a bit loud at night. The room was nice and clean, we had a bathroom door and the fridge was stocked! We walked around the resort for a bit and grabbed a bite to eat, we QUICKLY ran into people from the site, it seemed several people read about getting the fat bald guy with Oakley's a beer because i had no shortage of people wanting to get me one, we met up with SDHerman at the sexy pool bar we assumed they had been there a little while longer then we had because he was SMASHED! but remembered and recognized me and we met Bob & Pam as well as Dean & Ali, Good times to be had with those guys! After awhile we went back to the room and booked a massage, that was VERY good! We both enjoyed them and booked several more throughout the week. Went to the show in Nice Shoes on Friday night but after the show the room cleared rather fast. The next day was windy with alot of clouds, we were going to head into town to do some shopping but ran into some more people from the forum, Mike & Laurie, Steve & Catherine, Mike & Jules, Meg & Todd so we ended up just hanging by the pool and drinking heavily, wouldnt be a bad thing but we were planning on going into town not getting sun so we had no sunblock on! OUCH!!!!!! Burned the shit out of my poor bald head! and ended up with a rather funny looking tanktop tan! Had dinner at the Tex-Mex it was ok. DO NOT order the steak there and you will be fine! The group hung out in several bars and we went to bed a little early getting ready for the famous BOOZE CRUISE the next day. Sunday morning we woke up to clearer skys and much less wind, we all met out front to go on the cruise and had enough people to have our own boat! It might not have been the wildest trip in history but we all had a good time! even with the naked snorkeling, had a touch of rain on the way back to the pier but the day was a great success! Thank you again for a GREAT day Steve! sunday night was pretty quiet due to the trip, we had consumed alot of booze on that cruise! The weather Monday was good and more fun by the pool met several more great people some from the forum and some that we will soon see on the forum. Monday night was COCO BONGOS! that is a MUST SEE! but dont forget your camera like we did! ( DUH ) The rest of the week the weather was windy and cloudy so the pool wasnt a great time but luckily we had a good group of people by that time to keep the fun rolling! Lots of drinking and getting to know everyone we went into the malls on Wed and Thurs and did some shopping for a few hours each day. Would definately reccomend checking out the La Isla Mall. The only bad features we could see about this resort is that there isnt enough nightlife ( dancing or music ) especially in the Nice Shoes bar. there were some nights that it wasnt even open and with the windy chilly nights it would have been nice to hang in there instead of outside at Patty O's the resort pushes the shit out of the local bars that cost more to go to and at 10:30 every night they want the place to empty and go to these bars almost like they are getting a kickback from the bars. Dont get me wrong COCO BONGOS is a must see but why pay $40 to go to a bar downtown when we can drink for free on the resort. I know we are forgetting to mention some names that we met but everyone is so great we loved meeting you all. I am better with faces then names. But shout outs to Stuart, mike & Kim, Mary & ? , the gentleman going to thialand in may, and im sure i am forgetting more but you know who you are and you helped to make our vacation a memorable one!

2. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    nice tr and i understand that you guys forgot your camera the night you went to coco bongo and that is forgiven :wink: - you can always look at ours - but we do need to see the other pics :cool:

rob and t

3. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Nice TR... :D :D

4. sdherman

sdherman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really can't believe you just wrote that I was smashed?? LOL Hey, what can I say, I had been drinking for twelve hours already. We love your trip report and I would post one but my hands are still shaky waiting for my liver to get back to normal! [/img]

5. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    sounds like you had a great time..... I guess im going to have to pick the bald fat gut thing for ya and run with it. We will be their in 2 weeks..... And drinks are on ME

6. Gus&Mel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes please do continue the fat bald guy tradition until we can return! I hear ya shane i didnt feel right sunday until i had a drink, comming out of it today,,,,lol pickled liver anyone?

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Glad to hear you had a good trip and met some fine folk from the forum. Also, that you had fun on the cruise, since it was you who did most of the work pulling the numbers together :) Just goes to show that meeting some great people can mean the difference between a good vacation and an unforgetable one!

See you next time!

8. Gus&Mel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    AH MEN to that Steve! It was a good time and they are GREAT people! And we feel lucky to have met them all are are glad we had this site to do so!

9. Gus&Mel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But I have noticed that only 2 of the SEVERAL friends that we met have commented on this,,,,, BOO!!!! come on guys where are all of you?

10. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm still lurking around but unfortunately I wasn't on the booze cruise :(
    so I can't really comment on it :lol:

My LOSS! :cry:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice