It's Official - Cancun: World's Most Touristy City!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by MandEOntario, Nov 14, 2018.

1. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,673 / 4
  2. Cancunscorpio

Cancunscorpio Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    There is a dark side of it all. Reef is being ruined, marine life disappears, turtles choose not to come back to the shores of the Mexican Caribbean and lay eggs any longer , mangroves are being cut in a widespread deforestation of the whole Yucatan peninsula's shoreline while all those new fancy hotels pop up where people spend their entire vacation on a hotel property "swimming" ( or rather drinking) in those shallow heated swimming pools without ever getting a sniff of a sea.

I used to live in Cancun n 2006-2011, but then it became the Mexican Miami and I moved to Playa del Carmen. Now Playa is growing rapidly and it's time to move again , likely to Cozumel.

Touristy city is good, it gives money to the area, but please do not forget the real Cancun which is beyond the shine, glitz and glamour of the Hotel Zone.

3. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Unfortunately, it cannot be both ways.
    Maybe for a bit, but then the secret gets out and the money grubbing developers move in.

4. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    I agree it’s never going to be both ways.

I know this is a bit off topic but if the developers didn’t exist would the rates increase due to tight availbility of rooms and such? I’m in favor of high density. Limits the sprawl and impact to the area. Stopping the developers also curbs job growth. There is no good way around it and I feel bad for city planners / council. It’s like constantly making a deal with the devil, then wait 5-10 years to see what happens. There’s no experience or education that can give you the skills to make these decisions. If someone says they have the answers they are definitely a politician because they’re lying! :)

We just have too many people

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Well stated amd most agree.
    Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Mow let me introduce myself, I am Paul and I am running for city council, and I would appreciate your vote....NOT!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice