Itinerary

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Alice, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alice,

Market 28 is an open air Market. You'll find just about every type of souvenir you could possible want as well as an endless supply of silver shops.

Not much in the way of clothing or shoes other than t-shirts, relatively cheap sandals and things like that but you should be able to find some nice handbags by looking around.

It is loaded with tourists and if you are put off or feel uncomfortable with people coming up to you and tryingto get you to look in their shop then this is not the place for you.

There's alos Market 23 which is much more local. It is where the locals shop much more than Market 28. You will definitely find some touristy type places there but also bvendors selling housewares, food and other day to day necessities.

If your looking for clothing and such and want to avoid the hotel zone malls, try the stores on Tulum Ave and the ones in Plaza Las Americas. PLA had a fire about a month or two ago but I think most of the stores are up and running now. It is a locals mall. I love it and have found some great buys on clothing and shoes there.

2. Alice

Alice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Tikidaddy - What restaurant did you go to that you would want to go back to on your next visit?

3. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My daughters and I speak spanish to varying degrees and come from a city rich with Hispanic heritage so I think we will be the most comfortable in the downtown area. My daughters have not been to Mexico before (although my oldest did go to Honduras last year) so I really want them to experience as much as possible. I would love to take them outside of the tourist area, maybe a roundtrip (local) bus trip. Is there more silver smith's at Market 28 than Market 23 (my youngest loves silver)?

Thank you,
    Alice

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You'll definitely find more silver at Market 28.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I think your group would enjoy Carlos N Charlies, lots of fun but not hardcore clubbing. Possibly Senor Frogs too from 7-11 before the hotel crowds show up.

6. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you, I added CnC to our last night. I think that will be a great way to end our week.

7. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now that is a good idea.

Alice, since you've been lurking here for a while, you probably already realize that the charge for all of the advice you've been getting is a trip report when you and the kids return - with a link to your pictures for those of us that can't get away for a while yet.

8. michl

michl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you going to the Royal Sands this Saturday, April 7th? If so, we'll be there too!!!!
    I can't wait...first time for us to Cancun!!

9. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sorry you can't get away for a while. We'll be happy to post a report; it's a small price to pay for all of the excellent information available here.

Lucky you, I wish we were leaving on Saturday! This is my 9th time to Cancun but I haven't been for 15 years; I can't wait for my daughters to experience it. If you get a chance I would love to get a dining review from you, also your opinions on any activities you participate in. TYIA - Alice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice