It seems the airlines have mostly canceled Cancun for May

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Cokewithlime, May 2, 2009.

1. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's gonna be good as long as Delta doesn't wimp out!

2. njfuninthesun

njfuninthesun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If it was US Air drive an extra 2 hours and fly out of Philly.

3. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It looks like United cancelled or cut down on the amount of flights everywhere except Chicago....whew!!

why?? I guess I really dont understand, if they still have people that want to go, why would you cancel??

hopefully nothing else happens in the next 12 days!!!

4. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I would guess that with the panic involved in a 'possible pandemic/epidemic' fueled by every media outlet in the world and the WHO and CDC (and some of it justified precaution)...

air travel to Mexico will be down considerably and they are consolidating to save money.

5. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would bet that flights are probably being cut from less popular routes not from major hubs and then just re-route people via a layover to a hub to catch a flight

6. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +244 / 3
    Well if you call the following hubs for United not popular ??? and no they are just re-routing people via a layover to a hub to catch a flight - the flights are actually canceled and you will have to somehow re book a new flight.

As I mentioned earlier, beginning May 5th and continuing through June 3rd United has canceled all flights to Cancun from the following cities
    Denver to Cancun
    Los Angeles to Cancun
    San Francisco to Cancun
    Washington DC to Cancun

US Air announced Sunday evening that they are cutting out 30% of all their May flights to Cancun which follows along with what Continental and Delta did earlier in the week......

7. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay .. my bad :roll:

8. Cokewithlime

Ratings:
    +244 / 3
    The worst part - take from one who has been severely affected - is that the airlines are failing to notify people in sufficient time to re book on an alternate route - and with the overall flight reductions airline seats to Cancun are becoming very limited on all carriers

The only good thing so far, is if you booked flights months ago and are able to rebook flights right now you will save $$$ :D

9. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    CHICAGO, May 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- United Airlines today announced a temporary reduction in the number of weekly flights between Mexico and the United States.
    United, which has less than 2 percent of its consolidated capacity dedicated to Mexico, will beginning May 5 reduce the amount of its weekly roundtrip flights between the U.S. and Mexico from 61 to 24 in May and from 90 to 52 in June. United will continue to serve all four of its year-round destinations in Mexico, including Cancun, Los Cabos, Mexico City, and Puerto Vallarta.
    "We are responding quickly, adjusting our schedule to match customer interest," said John Tague, executive vice president and chief operating officer. "We will continue to monitor demand for travel to Mexico, and will adjust our flight schedule accordingly."

10. Cokewithlime

Ratings:
    +244 / 3
    I guess what is bothering most about United is the way they reduced their overall flights - by completely cutting out most of their flights from their hubs rather than a reduction in number of flights from each hub

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice