It seems the airlines have mostly canceled Cancun for May

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Cokewithlime, May 2, 2009.

1. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +244 / 3
    It's no longer a question if you still want to go to Cancun, but can you actually get there in the month of May

So far Continental, Delta and (as of this morning) United have canceled the majority of their flights to and from Cancun

We were booked and ticketed months ago for a May 9th trip to Cancun

As of April 28th our carrier canceled all flights to Cancun

- we scrambled - got re booked on United via Dulles to Cancun

- this morning United announced they were canceling that route and many others for the month of May

- we scrambled again - got re booked on United via Chicago to Cancun - but had to fly a day earlier than scheduled

This trip for us is already an adventure and we haven't even taken off yet - LOL

We suggest everyone that is still thinking of in May going checks, at least daily, to make sure their flights are still valid - the airlines don't appear to be sending out notifications of all these changes !!!

2. PaulAndDarcy

PaulAndDarcy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    We got lucky then

Paul and I had to move our vacation up by 5 days so he could go to training for a new job. We were bummed we had to spend $$ to change our flights, but looks like it was a good thing as our trip was originally scheduled from April 28 - May 5. Good luck to everyone scheduled in May.

We didn't hear about any cases of swine flu in the Cancun area itself, but when we got home, it was all over the news that there were 2 cases suspected to be swine flu in a local elementary school, and that every school in the city and county were cancelled for the remainer of the week.

Kind of ironic I guess. Fortunately all the flu victims here have been treated and are recovering according to the news today.

3. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We fly on American and they had the same warning on their website, yet they have not cancelled flights. Our flights to and from Cancun are still on. :lotsofmichaelf:

I hate it when people the wolrd over reacts to bull shit. :bash:

We will party for those that can't be there. :bawl:
    If you have a request for a certian drink, I will have one for you ! :beergone:

Any other requests you have will be if I can not do it I will find someone that will and let you know. :announce:

:beergone: :headbanger: :party:

Don

4. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    we are going on american also.just spoke with them and they have no plans to cancel any flight unless a "majority of passengers" on each individaul flights cancel or rebook.(as of right now our flight from dallas to cancun is almost sold out for next saturday)

friends that are flying on us airways were told basicaly the same.

im sure thats also unless the CDC or WHO change thier minds about travel restrictions but reading thier websites they seem to be leaning the other way to free travel.

5. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Well said Don, if we can't go because of United Airlines, you're gonna hear me yellin' all the way here in colorado!!! :rant:

We're booked thru Orbitz, (package) so Im not to sure how easy it would be to keep changing flights, at least afordably anyway. Nothing heard from them so far.

You may have a long list of badly needed drinks!! :wink: :wow:

Never has the wait to go been so stressfull!! :banghead:

George

6. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were booked with JetBlue since February for a May 9th flight. The flight changed twice (last change was yesterday) but they are still flying into Cancun. We also received e-mail notification on the changes. So for us it still looks promising.

7. Karen,Pam and Greg!

Karen,Pam and Greg! Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi George,
    I had my niece and her boyfriend booked on United through Expiedia. They were not willing to re-route through Chicago without paying the difference in airfare which was huge! They did allow me to cancel with a full refund (so nice of them :roll:)
    So that's what I did and rebooked them on my flight with Frontier. It cost about $90 more for both tickets, but the flight back is nonstop which will be better for the rookies :D
    Looked like Frontier had some pretty good fares for your dates.
    Pammy

8. LotsaTimers

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Did they have a package or just flights?

George

9. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have a greater chance of contracting the flu here in Massachusetts than in Cancun.....see you on the 9th

10. LotsaTimers

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Frontier does have some good prices, and I would much rather fly them anyway. If I have to re-book the hotel seperately though, the cost is still gonna be a lot higher. :?

Guess we'll wait and see.

George

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice