Isla Mujeres

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by linda_whittington, Oct 29, 2014.

1. linda_whittington

linda_whittington Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going to do the Dolphin Swim on Isla Mujeres. We are going to do the 1st one of the day so we can enjoy the island. We are hoping to be able to "bar hop" on the island by golf cart. Can we stop at a local market and buy beer and drink and drive? Also is there a map of good places to stop available anywhere? We are from small town Iowa and our Sunday Funday's include driving around to new dive bars.

I'm open to all information! Thanks!! :)

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I heard that the police on Isla are having a crack down on visible drinking while driving golf carts.

Pretty sure it's always been illegal to be under the influence while driving, but it wasn't strictly enforced previously .

3. linda_whittington

linda_whittington Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the information. I wasn't sure if they were less strict in Mexico than in the US or not.

Are they strict if you are leaving a bar and driving the golf cart after you have had drinks? Do people get picked up for drinking and driving? And persay you do get picked up what are the laws like? I do not want to go to Mexican jail! I do want to have fun and bar hopping to me is a blast...especially checking out the off the beaten path places.

4. Russ & Kathy

Russ & Kathy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We take our "sippy" cups with us and have the bar tenders make our drinks in them while we are cruising on the golf carts. They gave us a map at the rental cart place that showed all the little places to stop at. Turtle farm, dolphin cove etc.... Really cool day !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. dioxide45

dioxide45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
  6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
  7. budinsissy

budinsissy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    it is an island. four left turns and and your back home! if you are going to rent a cart, go4 or five blocks up from the pier. better condition and much cheaper. bubba mugs work great!

8. Tauromaja

Tauromaja Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would just park off of Hidalgo and go bar-hopping there. All the restaurants and bars are right next to each other so you don't have to drive it. Plus there is a tendency for scooter drivers to not wear helmets and have small children on board so it would be preferable to be as safe as possible and not risk it with the drink and drive bit.

Just my two cents.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice