Isla Mujeres Video

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CancunTom, Apr 20, 2007.

1. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Another great video Tom!
    Just think how fast you'll be able to churn them out once you live here. Be nice for all of us :)

3. Alice

Alice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you moving to Cancun Tom?

4. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Moving to Cancun

I guess that this will be some kind of official notice..................We bought a home in SM18 when we were on our trip in early March. We will close on it May 28th, Memorial Day which is kind of fitting when you think about it. It will mark the beginning of a new adventure in our lives together, in a place that we love so much. It's a dream come true and one that cannot come soon enough. Although we will own the home as of May 28th, we are renting it back to the owners until January of 08. We are both retiring from of our jobs at the end of December. We are in the process of selling our home in the Chicago area along with all of our belongings. (It's easier to move money than things) It has been a major undertaking that I've been working on for the past 3 years. It has been carefully planned and researched; therefore we believe it is the right place & time for us. We love the people, the climate, the water, and the location. We are both very active. We are both certified scuba divers, and we enjoy all the outdoor activities that the Cancun area offers. We have made some friendships in the area that we value highly. We will be permanent full time residents. So that's our story and we're stickin' to it!

5. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That sounds like a great story to stick to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats to you and your wife. You are living out the dream of many.

EB :D

6. Alice

Alice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What/where is SM18? I have just started to look at real estate ownership laws for non-nationals in Mexico. I guess I don't have to tell you our (Chicago area) real estate market is a bit soft now, lucky you, to get a nice buffer built in with the lease back. Any words of advise or information learned on your journey to owning in Mexico would be greatly apprecieated. You could PM me so as not to clutter up the post if you have the opportunity.

Best of luck and thanks
    Alice

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, congrats on the big move Tom! SM 18 is a nice place to live for sure.

Alice, downtown Cancun is divided into areas called "Supermanzanas" or "SM's". The smaller the SM number, the closer you are to the entrance to the hotel zone. The outer reaches of Cancun are not supermanzanas, they are "regiones", some nicer than others.

This is not the greatest map (I had a much better one but my bookmarks got erased) but it gives an idea of the layout of downtown.

http://www.travelbymexico.com/cancun/mapacd/index.html

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice