Isla Mujeres Ferry Location From Hotel?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by M&MfromLA, Aug 27, 2021.

1. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    Hi everyone! This year we want to take half a day (on a Monday when Temptation tends to be super low key) and visit Isla Mujeres. Don't worry....we'll be back for dinner and bash. :cool:

I've been doing the research but cant come up with a solid answer. Does anyone know how far away the ferry dock is from the hotel?

Thanks!

2. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    It's not far. We've walked down to it before, and it seems like it was less than a half mile. When you leave TTR, turn left and follow the sidewalk to a large tourist observation tower. (towards the major hotel zone) I think it's right next to the canal. That is where the boat leaves from. Better check schedules though. Getting back is usually what gives people problems as they party like crazy on the island and lose track of time.

One of the best excursions we've ever been on is a private boat charter from the marina. It was a 44' SeaRay and it seems like it was around $100 per person, and we had 5 couples. It came with a three man crew, and a cook who served fantastic snacks and food, along with beer and some drinks. We actually drank them out of alcohol. But we had the boat at our direction for an entire day. They took us to the island where we anchored and did whatever we wanted. Swim, snorkel, or play, and that does include, whatever playing you feel up to. I think the crew had seen anything and everything before, so it was no big deal. And it was an absolute blast for an entire day. Well worth it, and we would gladly do it again.

3. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Location correct, by observation tower. You can also turn right from TTR's beach and walk along the beach, past the other hotels, as you round the corner at the end you follow the creek (canal) you'll undoubtedly see the pirate boats moored there (dinner/entertainment excursions) , the Isle ferry also leaves from there, the ticket office is just off to the right. Possibly takes 20 minutes to stroll it, depending how often you dip your toes in the sea !!. Hope that helps

4. MrandMrsSmith

MrandMrsSmith Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 1
    We did the very same on our first trip to TTR in 2019. Walked to the ferry terminal from the street (5-8 minutes maybe) and came back on the beach once we docked back late afternoon.

We rented a golf cart at the ferry terminal before leaving for Isla Mujeres. Not sure if it was the cheapest way to do so but it was the most convenient way for sure. The instructions to pickup the cart were clear, the process was easy and the cart was pretty nice compared to some other rental places we’ve seen walking there.

There might be some brochures in the lobby of the hotel with the crossing times.

5. tonyaandgreg

tonyaandgreg Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    We are thinking of doing that too. Did it once before but it was years ago.

6. Jeff & Yolie

Jeff & Yolie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    I think we are going to do that too on the Monday we are there. To bad we are just missing you

7. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Its close we walk down the beach. Its a nice walk.

8. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    thank you all for the great help!! We never knew it was so close. The idea to walk back via the beach is great as well. Appreciate it!!:)

9. lookin4friends

lookin4friends Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    I am the laziest guy you will meet and even I didn't find it a long walk.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice