Is it really necessary...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Jlow511, May 1, 2008.

1. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    haha... yeah, not a lot of Spring Break talk in there these days

2. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How about a suggestion. I know it was mentioned before to have a Breakers FFA which did't get a great response.

Could we make a sticky topic called Breakers FFA and within that topic folks can discuss whatever they want and then it's still in the Breakers forum and directed to the audience the poster is trying to target?

I've had several posts moved over the past few years and for the most part I've not responded and just let it go. I used to post in the FFA and it always seemed when I posted something there it didn't get viewed by some of the people I was trying to get input from without me pointing them over to the thread.

It just really bothers me when I post something in the Breakers forum, which is related to other topics and threads within the breakers forum, and it gets moved to FFA with no explination while the other similar threads stay here or get made a sticky. If your going to move threads or lock threads take responsibility and post a comment saying you moved/locked them and in some cases an explination is not needed but would be nice if locking a thread that you explain why. This way new and veteran members alike can know the current policy on locking/moving threads so they can try not to post anything that would warrant locking or getting moved.

Maybe what I propose is too much and some think I'm on crack but I still don't believe I'm out of line with my request.

3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we already have one of those......you started it!!! :lol: :lol:

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11494

4. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know I thought about that after I posted here. And as you can see I dug it back up LOL!

I should have thought about that previously when posting non related stuff but I guess I was too lazy to dig it up.

5. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Man, that was brutal! Funny as hell, but brutal nonetheless.

I understand both positions though. On one hand, if this forum was used for it's intended purpose, it would only be a "seasonal" thread... say late in the year thru April (planning stage thru Spring Break). Then again as stated, you don't want to clog the forum with unrelated topics.

Hmmm... a conundrum.

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For those of you who are not familiar with the site, during the summer months, usually the board turns from a strictly spring break site, to a spring/summer site. As was said earlier, alot of the members are meeting up over the summer, and this is the easiest way for them to communicate and plan for their trips. For those who are NOT planning anything for the summer, this place is still flooded with people preparing and talking about Spring Break 2009....or if you are Kait, 2010 :).

If you want to talk about something other than that, there is the ANYTHING GOES THREAD http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11494 which is a mini version of the Free For All forum http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2 this way no one is getting angry because their topics are being moved, deleted or locked.

Bottom line is, there will always be posts that people dont necessarily like, or want to read about it, so basically, if you dont want to read about it....dont. Just skip it and move on to the next one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice