Is it really necessary...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Jlow511, May 1, 2008.

1. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To move posts out of the Breakers forum? Some folks who chat it up in the Breakers forum rarely visit Free For All (including myself) and now the last two threads I posted have been moved to Free For All without even the moved reference here in the Breakers forum. One of my posts was directed at folks from the BREAKERS forum and is related to other posts still within this forum yet it was moved to the Free For All. The most recent one about my new car I can somewhat understand.

But come on when you primarily chat up in one forum and most of the folks you talk to regularly check this forum is it really that big of deal to have some NON SB stuff posted. I see NON SB conversations posted quite frequently in this forum and they don't all get moved? I've questioned many threads NOT only my own threads that have been moved and it seems a bit more frequent as of late. I understand if the board is really busy around SB time and some threads are filtered out due to non relation in order to keep relevent conversations and information in the first page of topics. I also understand a thread getting moved if someone asks a question that someone from another forum might be able to better answer.

I'm not the only one who gets aggrivated by this, or am I?

2. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ...I dunno, but they'll probably move this aswell. :lol:

3. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Didn't you say you are done with Spring Break in Cancun? Free for All is where the people who are too old for Spring Break go to while waiting for their eventual death. Like Florida. :lol:

4. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If everyone posted what they wanted it would eventually turn into the Free For All. We already have one of those, so a second one is not needed. Alot of people check each forum, not just the Breakers one, they may not post on them, but they are there.

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dunno what to say Marshall,

Back in the early days of CancunCare, there weren't all these different boards. Then folks started to complain that they didn't want to spend time sifting through a bunch of posts that they either weren't interested in or they found a bit offensive for one reason or another. Some valuable contributors stopped posting or severely reduced the amount of posting they did.

Since there was enough daily traffic to segregate the boards into topics, it was done and people seemed to be happy with that. For many, many years people then made a conscious effort to post in the appropriate forum. Often times, prefacing their post with something like. "I don't know if this is the right forum, but".....Then the moderators would either leave it or move it to where it proly should be.

Now it seems like folks get attached to a specific forum and could care less about the others or what is posted there. So you now have threads that really would be more appropriate someplace else that never get there absent someone posting something like...."you might want to post this in the X forum".

Then you get folks who don't know the history of this site who then get their panties in a bunch because someone attempted to point another person in the correct direction to maximize their potential responses.

Then you have another bunch who don't want anybody to post anything negative about Mexico, Cancun,etc. even if you post it in the appropriate forum....

So no matter where one posts or what one posts, there is always going to be someone who has "issues" with it. That's why I have cut waaaay back on the things I post, the re-curring questions that I'll answer, advise I give, etc.

I tend to agree with Fletch though, if you allow folks to post whatever they want, wherever they want, each board becomes a free for all....an like he said, we already have one of those.

Michelle

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    For the most part steve wants this kept strictly spring break. Now....during the summer we have a few meet ups, which are mostly spring breakers which is fine to discuss.....both some other things dont realy pertain to SB we do have to move, however, if they ARE moved, it is always good to leave it here also so that you can see it was moved.

7. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So when is the apple & dream thread going to get moved to FFA? :p

8. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to add - for the Mods:

When moving a post:

1- Leave shadow topic so that the original poster can find their post, along with the replies. Some will not look in other forums and assume their post has been deleted.

2- Explain why it's been moved. (moving something to FFA is explanation enough, but if moving something from Breakers to Living In for example, please post reason)

9. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Agree 100%

10. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    they keep moving it back :shock:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice