Is it really for sale?!?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by jeffNalisa, May 4, 2007.

1. M&M

M&M Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let me say that I have no vested interest in this either way, but doesn't anyone think it's strange to put out an ad saying "for sale" due to family illness, BUT in reality mean "looking for an investment partner"

To me those two things are TOTALLY different. If I were looking at the ad and was interested in buying, I may not be interested in being a partner. If I was interested in investing in the business and being a partner I wouldn't even respond to the ad because it doesn't even mention the possibility of being a partner.

So if they're looking for a partner, why not say that in the ad? :?:

Mike

2. gjp

gjp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For the right price, it IS for sale. But when a person is interested and wants more information, and answers the ad, all of the options are discussed. It's not like selling a car or a sofa. Interested parties answering such an ad will expect a process involving much communication and sharing of information.

I don't think it's strange at all, because if a person comes in with the right price, it would be sold. Every inquiry I have received on this has mentioned both options. The part about the family illness is not a ploy; it is, as stated in an earlier post, the motivation.

3. M&M

M&M Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just thought if someone wanted an investor, they should at least mention that in the ad. Something like "for sale, due to family illness", ...
    "Would also consider an investor/partner" etc.

BTW, I never even suggested that the family illness was a "ploy". I really hope that Joe's Father gets better soon. I just thought the ad was worded weird for what the stated purpose was.

I will let this drop now :)
    Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice