Is it dangerous in the Riviera Maya?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Castor, Sep 17, 2013.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Canukcun did a nice job of laying out lots of the factors at work here, none of which can truly put to rest another's fears.

The whole safety issue goes round in a circle, owing to the fact that a perception of safety is controlled more from within than without: no amount of reassurance will calm the fears of a fearful person.

It takes a lot to shake me. So, the assassination of the neighbor who lived upstairs, in a public parking lot, in front of the Malecon Cancun, for debts owed to private interests, did nothing to disturb my peace. Nor did the fact that a leading financial operative for the Zeta cartel was living next door with his Columbian wife, until he was arrested on an Interpol warrant and transferred to the U.S. to stand trial. Nor did the fact that an American businessman was beaten while getting money from an ATM, and died from his injuries after some weeks in a hospital.

As Canukcun said, these kinds of things happen around the world. I accept that, and get on with my life, just as thousands of expats living in Quintana Roo do, everyday.

Castor, talk to those who live here, see what they think of the quality of their life. Most of what you'll hear, from those who've been here for a while, will be positive, with the good outweighing the bad. If that were not the case, most would have moved on....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They are already here, since several years back.

One is apparently "cleaning out" the other one, or at least trying.

3. Castor

Castor Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so much everyone for all your answers! I really appreciate it. We still want to move to PDC and I'm really excited to live this new experience. I really hope that I will met new friends there -no matter where they come from - I also hope my daughter will be happy with her new friends too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice