Is Fat Tuesdays Open?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by rhysluke, Mar 23, 2007.

1. rhysluke

rhysluke Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we are heading to cancun 2nd April and have heard Fat Tuesdays is closed @ the moment is this true!

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  3. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The original fat tuesday's is in fact closed, but a new one has opened and i hear it's rubbish.

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's open but not too popular at the moment. It's only been open a few weeks or so.

The new one is located at the embarcadero near where the Pirate Ships go out.

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe it's just me but I think the new Fat Tuesday location is perfect for grabbing drinks and a snack before heading over to Isla Mujeres... I hope the new location makes it.

212eric

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think it's suffering by comparison to the old Fat Tuesdays.

That one had a personality all it's own partly because of the location. It may take the new one some time to get people to give it a chance because it's not exactly like the old one.

Hopefully for it's sake it will last long enough for that to happen.

7. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good point, Eric! Yes, the new is nothing like the old.... but have you ever been to Fat Tuesdays on Cozumel? I was. It also is absolutely nothing like the old Cancun location. It's TINY and not at all close to the beach. (Well, I was there 12/20/2002, so it may not be there anymore...) But it was still good times and GREAT drinks.

Maybe it could happen as you suggested, Eric. But I have to believe it is a long shot because generally locals don't have money to go there (I know. I was one... You want to play the American way, you gotta PAY the American way!)... and tourists are salty because it's "not the same."

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's right..locals can't afford to go there and the tourists are looking for aplace like the old ZFat Tuesdays.

Hopefully it wil catch on as Eric suggests but I think the question is whether theycan hold on long enough for it to catch on.

9. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    carrie77 and Klaw, I think the way Fat Tuesday will succeed is if enough people stop by for a drink on their way over to Isla. Being where it is located, I do not believe the new Fat Tuesday will be the type of place that will be its own destination. If the promotors are able to push the place however, perhaps it will turn into a destination afterall.

212eric

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you're right, Eric.

The new Fat Tuesdays is going to have a different personality than the old one...and most likely a different clientele as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice