Is Coronavirus Going To Affect Your Trip?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by EuroCpl, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Waterlvrs

Waterlvrs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 0
    We booked a nonrefundable trip through Expedia, but I just can't imagine they won't let everyone re-book with a full credit. If the airlines are being nice about re-bookings (a rarity!), you'd have to think a resort like TTR would be the same.

2. Noah

Noah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1
    It’s through a takeover group. I spoke with them via phone/email and they said there is a chance the resort will give me a credit, but I don’t get the feeling this is likely. I’m assuming all resorts are going to be in a world of financial pain for at least the next year.

3. Happydays

Happydays Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 0
    yes they will and airlines will go bankrupt too. Can you imagine owning a restaurant/hotel/taxi service/anything now? Good luck with your refund- Why not ask them to shift dates instead, if you need to. They will be glad of people in the hotel once this passes .

4. Noah

Noah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1
    I thought about it, but not really sure when to move it to that would be safe, and when I can talk parents into watching the kids. The group price was inflated enough that assuming I get my money back, I can rebook for the refunded amount. Would rather just have the cash and options.

5. bosfuncpl

bosfuncpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    They let us on plane and into country we ll be there. Hope flights not cancelled

6. kenobe

kenobe Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 0
    I believe mine was non-refundable as well. I told them there may be flight restrictions could I move my dates. I emailed book@temptationresorts.com and got a response from Jessica, email below.

Jessica Nely Ortega Espinoza <Temptation@original-group.com>

7. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    Thanks!! I’m still holding out hope for this trip, but it’s not looking good.

8. RedSkiBums

RedSkiBums Guru Registered Member

Some town in the hinterland of BC, Canada
    Ratings:
    +1,415 / 8
    Timing is everything. Having been in the "nothing to worry, we're far removed, wash our hands" camp until a few days ago we've done an about face after seeing the rapid pace this virus, and its multi-faceted impact, has spread. This morning we cancelled our trip (April 3-12), due entirely to coronavirus. Primary among our concerns are the travel restrictions, moreso regarding/upon return, which will undoubtedly be increased over the next few weeks. Fingers crossed we get back to TTR again at some point.

9. kenobe

kenobe Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 0
    I'm afraid a lot of people could back out and the TTR is empty.

10. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We leave next Friday and are still planning on going as we have a direct flight from Vancouver Canada to Cancun.
    I work in the aviation industry and I don't see it being shut down between the two countries at this time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice