Is Coronavirus Going To Affect Your Trip?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by EuroCpl, Mar 9, 2020.

1. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    I’m in one of the worst effected areas, I haven’t seen the hysteria at all. Everyone is pretty chill here

I don’t watch cable news, what is the hype people keep talking about?

2. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +492 / 0
    Think you just answered your own question. We’re actually watching a rerun of Pitch Perfect 3. It’s not the cinematic blockbuster of Pitch Perfect 2 but we have a nice buzz going right now so we’ll take it.

3. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As of this coming Friday if you don't have a direct flight to Cancun from Europe your not going.
    The US is banning all travel to Europe starting Friday.

4. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
  5. tropez

tropez Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 1
    Trump just put a 30 day travel ban into the US that goes in effect Friday I hear. I know many people have connecting flights that stop in the US, I wonder how those travelers will be dealt with...

6. FunkoPop

FunkoPop Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 0
    IMG-20200311-WA0010.jpg

7. Happydays

Happydays Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 0
    Thanks for your very accurate and considered responses. Unfortunately you're totally correct. It is slightly worse than you think however.
    We are travelling from Spain, I mean probably not travelling from Spain!
    The Spanish government has today decreed only necessary travel in and around Madrid and that'll be the whole country by the weekend. I posted on FB a couple of nights ago that we had 500 cases in Spain and in my opinion it was serious.
    So, its now two days later since my FB post, we have 3,000 cases officially reported, young and old, 86 dead, 190 in emergency care. A five month old boy is in critical care in Murcia, our nearest city. 2,500 patients are not attending hospital, and that's just great. Too many people are concentrating on this, ("its only a cold, everyone gets a cold") however the other numbers are more scary, 8.5% are in trouble or worse. It is still only catching hold in Spain and has not hit most of the country yet- the UK is a week away from where we are today.
    We expect it to peak here in about three weeks, but that is just guesswork based on where Italy is currently. The Italian government unfortunately yesterday warned it may be as late as mid June before we see a decline in numbers there. Nobody in Italy is panicking or getting angry with the governments slow response- they are stoic and listening to the guidelines. A government minister died yesterday so it's not like they orchestrated this- they just froze.

I hope very very much that I'm wrong, my feeling is we're looking at a world wide travel ban within two weeks. The authorities will close tens of thousands of hotels here in Spain and it will cripple the economy. The restrictions will send Italy into recession- that cannot now be stopped. That is the lesser of two evils and Mexico will soon follow.

Again, I'm not a doctor despite pretending to be when i'm in TTR. Most of us will be fine. We all have neighbours (sorry for the Euro spellings) and friends who will be affected. Be safe everyone and lets get all messed up in the pool in September or October.
    There is a chance this will pass soon, let's all hope so.

And again, not a doctor, just please don't make a decision on your trip without checking out the Joe Rogan podcast on this topic, Italian news, articles liek this: Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now .
    Once this is over I will return to my normal state of sharing stories about Irish men in kilts and the pros/cons of underwear. ( I am a no underwear kinda guy)
    I hope all of us are fine soon getting naked and drunk together. I'm normally good fun BTW, this is not the usual me!
    xx

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  8. Happydays

Happydays Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 0
    We've got another few days. Have you spoken to the resort? I'm going to see what are the options of pushing it back a month (ideal) or six if we need to!

9. kenobe

kenobe Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 0
    I booked directly with TTR and they told me this morning that I can cancel have 1 year to use the credit at TTR. So we may move it to early June. Waiting a few more weeks since we leave Apr 15

10. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    I wonder if they’ll extend that to those of us who booked a “non-refundable” trip...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice