Is Coronavirus Going To Affect Your Trip?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by EuroCpl, Mar 9, 2020.

1. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    If the zombie apocalypse ever happens, (based on our reaction to Covid-19) we're all fucked :).

Human beings are predisposed to focus on panic and fear. Its what helped us survive as cavemen.

However...when you have a 24 hrs news cycle, non stop social media, the need for others to "feel important" by expressing their views, as well as a whole host of other constant stimulus....well....you get the issues we're seeing now across the world. This is the first pandemic in human history that can be broadcast and followed live up to the minute. That has a lot to do with the fear in our opinion.

Seriously...wash your hands, get out of the pool to pee, don't kiss someone who has an active cough, try not to rub your eyes or bite your nails and cover your face when you sneeze. There....you are now as protected as anyone else.

It will be ok. And if it isnt...then Id rather die at Temptation than anywhere else :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    Do you have restrictions placed on you, are you in a hot zone? I’m in one of the worst areas in the US and the city has been given guidelines by the CDC already. Doesn’t stop me from traveling and the situation is still manageable compared to Italy.

3. Noah

Noah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1

We don’t as of yet... but my work is making plans to go 100% telework, NBA games are starting to get played without fans, national guard is locking down areas near NYC, and we are just in the early ramp up period of the disease. China controlled the outbreak by legit locking everyone inside their house and putting barriers across the street. It’s unclear what will happen when they lift travel restrictions.

All that being said, If we didn’t have young kids at home, I’d be tempted to risk it and not cancel in advance. However, I’m not sure how I can leave the small people with my parents for a vacation when a large % of US could easily be on lockdown. In addition, getting quarantined away from home sounds like a bad idea - especially when I have to explain to friends and family where/what I was doing :).

I hope that it’s not a big deal, but everything I’ve read from medicinal professionals is that this is lasting for months, it’s not blowing over by April, and it’s significantly worse than the flue. Given that there are so many unknowns, we are likely going to cancel now so that we can get most of our money back for the next trip when there is less of a chance for disaster.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    The US government has approved remdesivir on compassionate use. COVID-19 I bought GILD calls today. Hopefully I works well, helps our at risk, I make money and go on vacation!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. CANADAbeaver

CANADAbeaver Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    We are also scheduled to Leave in 17 days and have all the same concerns as everyone here. As well as some thoughts around explosive media hype. Has anyone read or seen a response from TTR. ?? What extra measures they may be taking? Additional cleaning etc?? We just got a letter from Sunwing (travel provider) and they assured us of additional wipe down of the plane and also commented that all their partner resorts (which TTR is one of them) that they have initiated additional protocols. Wonder if it’s all BS or true. It would be good to see something from the resort. IMHO.

6. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    My TTR reservation is non-refundable because it was the cheapest. I’ll only cancel if Mexico gets added to the Mandatory Quarantine list. Here’s hoping!!

Houston cancel the rodeo! My friends are so mad! I didn’t plan to go since I spent my money on this trip instead. The rodeo is so huge...it’s just so nuts that they took the whole thing away.

7. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +492 / 0
    :D:D:p
    Yeah that sucks! Had tickets for tonight and they were AWESOME seats. Oh well. Guess I’ll just eat some BBQ at home and have a cold beer...NOT Corona! :D:p:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Waterlvrs

Waterlvrs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 0
    The U.S. is now considering flight restrictions to Europe. We have 28 days before we depart, so keeping our fingers crossed the flight restrictions don't extend to Mexico by that point. I doubt TTR would close unless they're forced to (either no guests at the resort or the gov't forces them to close), as it impacts the livelihood of their employees. So it probably comes down to whether the planes can get us there!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. AndrewnAshley

AndrewnAshley Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 1
    People love to say that the media is sowing fear with the Coronavirus and that everyone is being taken by it. Yet they don't realize that they are the ones being taken, what the media is displaying is hysterics. People fighting over toilet paper and buying homemade hand sanitizer off the streets and such idiotic behavior and they take it as that is all this is--people going crazy for the sniffles. What this is, is a virus with a long incubation period and minimal symptoms for many, which makes it perfect to spread unchecked. While most of us will be absolutely fine, we can have it on vacation and it wouldn't even cost us a day in the sexy pool. However there is a subset of people who this does kill and that the un/minimally affected people can easily spread it to. The 30 year old who gets it will be fine, their 60 year old mother or grandmother that they give it to--not so much. So people should stop focusing on people going to thunderdome for toilet paper and focus on the fact that it spreads easily and is a big threat to certain people; that's not to be taken lightly. There are thousands of people who died, who meant something to someone, that probably didn't need to if people took it serious at some point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +492 / 0
    D0ADC2F8-D818-4531-9BD8-754F3F3CD351.jpeg

Spray your throat three time hourly.
    Couldn’t hurt.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice