Is Cancun effected by news? Here is my view first hand!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EngineerGuy, Mar 18, 2009.

1. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was at the airport in chicago (o'hare) march 6th awaiting my flight to london england. While sitting, waiting to actually check in (I was early) the only people I saw were students checking in for flights to where else..... Cancun Mexico! I couldnt help but laugh at all these reports about how bad it is there and how it will effect tourism. Is this crime happening IN cancun and in the hotel zone, NO, of course not. I was VERY happy to see all these kids boarding plans, happy as ever to get down there. And it wasnt just one plane, I counted at least 4 full planes of students heading down, just that day! I also heard numbers for spring break are at the same as last year, possibly better! This made me very happy......... and also convinced me I may need to head back down next march myself hahahaha :cool:

2. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    When we started looking at our vacation back in January for the 2nd week in April, that although not a bad week, is not as prime as March, there was 7 flights out of Toronto on the Friday and another 7 on the Saturday.

We are all booked and primed to go, got a perfect flight, leave at 6:20 am, in Cancun by 9:15 am.

Anyway, with the lead up to our trip now less than 30 days, we have talked another buddy into going. Those 7 daily flights are now down to 2, and both are mid afternoon, which suggests to me that all of those other flights are booked up at 100%. We'll get him down there but there is less price shopping and less flights available.

I don't think the scare tactics are affecting anyone around these parts either.

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In early Jan I couldnt even get a flight from CUN to MSP on Saturday the 7th of Mar. we had to come back on Sunday.

4. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It is a busy march so far, and I hope next year is as busy as I plan to return once again!

5. B & B

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I thought you were hitting Temptations next year at New Years

6. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was going to, but it doesn't sound as if nicky is very reliable when it comes to roomates, from what happend this spring break. So, I must make a return to spring break! :cool:

7. B & B

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes, I read that, not sure if I would want to include his name on a booze cruise, Steve did one with the Temptaions guys on March 11th and had a lot of no shows, he hasn't named names, but Nicky was one who said he was going, I wonder if he made it?

8. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I know he made it to the CC party as he was in pictures, and I am assuming he made it to the beer olympics as he helped start that. But, not sure why he up and left the guy there?? With no excuse or anything, just very odd!! I will be back in cancun in 2010 somehow though, cant wait!

9. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So will I!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice