Is Cancun completely back from the hurrcanes?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by coolguy, Dec 14, 2006.

1. coolguy

coolguy Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is this place the crazy out of control drunk fest it used to be or is it a little down still from the hurricanes?

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was in cancun last year RIGHT after the hurricane, well............... a few months after, and spring break was ok, but nothing like it should have been. Cancun is now BACK to 100% capacity pretty much, and EVERYTHING is back to normal. Looking like cancun will be the largest spring break destination this year for bookings!! Cant wait!

3. EmmyEm

EmmyEm Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in cancun last year in march after the hurricane, they were still doing construction on the street infront of coco bongo and dady rock.
    I remember the beach of our hotel was pretty horrible, huge sharp rocks, and we had to walk around huge boulders halfway deep in water to get to the part of the beach that was actually sandy! I saw them shoveling the rocks and shells into buckets a couple days into our trip, i hope they reconstructed the beach!
    Carisa y Palma was one of the only hotels i saw without a sandy white beach... Im hoping its better this year, or I will be so disapointed :(
    Emily

4. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Cancun is doing just fine...

Beaches all redone, most hotels rebuilt, new restaurants and shops...

and that damn bus keeps running all day long.

:cool:

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun is fine. I was there just in March and sure they were doing some construction. They have managed to get everything back to 100% up and running. And most hotels took the chance to upgrade and renovate they hotels. w hich is a plus....Don't believe the media...Cancun is 200% fine! :lol:

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    agreed, cancun is BACK and BETTER than ever!

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Some things may have changed, but mostly they changed for the better

8. Tango from Toronto

Tango from Toronto Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After going there this October and also the beginning of this month, I have to say that there is still a lot of construction going on. Many of the hotels, in fact most, have indeed reopened better than ever... but take the bus around to see that there is a tonne of construction sights and you can still see piles of rubble or smashed in places that haven't been touched since Wilma... very surreal... and very sad...

BUT the clubs were pumping, even on a not-so-busy week historically! They were jammed. Forget the one-bottle to get you into VIP - they now require you buy 2 bottles (Bulldog) --- all dance floors jammed!

Enjoy.

9. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    which club did you enjoy the most Tango?

10. Tango from Toronto

Tango from Toronto Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I always have the best time at Dady Rock... but this time I liked Dady O and didn't like it last year... I didn't like Bulldog this time but LOVED it before. I had never been to Basic, it was decent, but too messy... springboard dance floor - too rave-like and water shooting up from the floor... really loved the staircase over the water for chats/chilling... The City was decent too but if you do the open bar, you have to get your drinks from the 3rd floor!! Not only that, you have to give your order to some dude that gives you a slip of paper to hand to the bartender, so basically you're into it for 2 lines to get 1 drink (1 per person max!!)...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice