is being overly shy a problem at ttr

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by gymrat, Apr 14, 2008.

1. gymrat

gymrat Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi im headed to TTR in july and i have a few questions i hope someone can help me with .
    i was suppost to go in feb but due to work reasons and friends wanting to go to pv mexico i never did get the chance .where my concern is and yes im working hard on this is im overly shy :cry:
    and with me going by myself ive been dwelling on this alot almost to the point that i might cancell the trip :cry:
    my biggest problem is im kinda a big guy 230 pounds 10-12 % bodyfat and ya i always get picked on by the staff :( they always make fun of me in good ways ) everywhere i go and yes its hard for me to hide my shyness i turn really red and i go all quit :( and yes its hard for me to even talk to women at times :mad: i get so shy . where my concern comes in is from what ive been told in pm and by reading this board i could have my hands full with the staff as they want everyone to have a fun time .will they be offended if i say no ???its hard for me to be in any kinda spot light so if anyone has advice for me that would be great and thankyou for the help

2. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In general if you say you don't want to participate in a game the staff will leave you alone. They want people who give it their all to participate to make the game entertainig to the max.
    If you are painfully shy you may not have as good of a time as expected though. Try to get to know some of the people going at the same time as you via the boards and then at least you will "know" someone when you get there and that should help. TTR is a great place to meet people just by starting a conversation while waiting for a drink or chatting to the people around you at the pool.

3. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Just hang back, relax and be yourself. We spent hours on the steps of the sexy pool (where the water goes from 3" deep to 4 feet deep), just relaxing, talking, drinking, enjoying. Generally the staff leaves people alone that are just chilling. They tend to key in on the people that bring attention to themselves through their actions not their appearance.

4. gymrat

gymrat Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    one on one i can talk up a storm no problem but ya im not a center stage person so that good to know the staff is that way . my biggest concern is getting pick on lol and reading this board tells me the staff like to make sure everyone is havin a great time and time to time like to tease .i dont know if they will but i needed to ask
    ps thanks for the help everyone thanks again stew

5. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Pretty much if you don't want to join in then just say no and that is usually it. Don't worry about it. With all the friendly people at Temptations you'll be a part of many groups very quickly. Many people go solo down there who'd normally not travel solo to other resorts.

Nick and Renee

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My advise would be to forgetabout your looks and how shy you think you are. As a female who often travels solo (my friends are too cheap to save money & I refuse to pay their way) my body has morphed to various sizes from morbidly obese to normal to large to chunky to normal and everything in between over the years.

No matter what size I was, it never, ever mattered at BBG (now called Temptations) The staff would comment about my "nice shoes" regardless of my size or state of dress or undress. The men who were guests have always been equally complimentary and friendly towards me.

I wouldn't say that I'm a shy person anymore, but I'm not an extrovert either and I've always managed to find other folks to hang out with, eat meals with, go clubbing with, do tours with, etc.....

I would suggest that you make the bar by the sexy pool your "hang out" spot each day. Just belly up to the bar and keep a smile on your face. That way you look approachable and not like a pervert or a loner.

Introduce yourself to the bartenders, and as guests walk up to order drinks, don't be shy, give em a smile and nod of the head. Most will acknowledge you and say something to start a "small talk" conversation. That's your cue to respond and find out more about them, like where they are from, what tours they recommend, what clubs they've been to, etc...pretty much anything you say is an "ice breaker" and will lead to newly found friends.

What ever you do...DO NOT cancel your trip for fear of going solo!!!!

Michelle

7. Bearcat

Bearcat Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My advice for all it's worth.. Don't worry about what you look like, easy for people to say I know. But, my best friend Brad always tells me that confidence is everyhting. I believe it! Just let your personality shine and you will be amazed at how many people just love someone real, fun and genuine over someone full of their own looks... Come when I'm there and I promise to be a fun friend! :lol:

8. Mr.Cancun

Mr.Cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go on the trip,and make sure you do the BOOZE CRUISE you will soon forget you are shy.I was there in Feb by myself,I had a great time.More single ladies this time,might be the name change or something.
    cheers Mr.Cancun

9. peg6897

peg6897 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a pretty shy person, myself. Have gone to BBG/TTR twice by myself. You're doing a good thing coming to this board, though. You'll know people before you get there, which will help you feel more comfortable. I can't go this year, so go and enjoy!

10. Ken and Rhonda

Ken and Rhonda Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Peg,we will miss you this year :( :( We had a good time the last couple of years :) Hope to see you next year :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice