Irish bars

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Wee-C87, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Wee-C87

Wee-C87 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, im going to Cancun from 30th of July until the 14th of August with 8 of my friends from Ireland. This is probably a long shot but are there any Irish bars in Cancun that might show Irish sport? There's GAA championship matches on when we're there and we would love to find an Irish bar showing them!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Irish sports? You mean like Hurling and Gaelic Footy?

Hmm, I very much doubt you'll find anywhere showing them. There is an "Irish Bar" called Pat O Briens which shows a lot of sports (premiership, basketball, hockey, baseball, american football etc), but it's not really Irish in the true sense.

They have a very extensive satellite TV system so maybe there's a chance they'll show it if they can find it. If there's eight of you I'd suggest you all chip in $10 a piece and see if they can find it for you.

Remember also the time difference, if it's a 3pm start in Ireland it will be 9am here - so it could be such places might not even be open.

3. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Steve

Hurling isn't just Irish. It can be done by anyone who drinks too much! :lol:

Jimmy

4. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a thought, Champion's is a sports bar/restaurant located just out front of the Marriott CasaMagna hotel. They have several TVs at the bar where I have witnessed some pretty foreign sporting events. I would not be surprised if the bartenders there can find the sports you are looking to see.

212eric

5. Wee-C87

Wee-C87 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanx 4 ur help everyone, hopef i mite get 2 c it sumwer then :D

6. clock

clock Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    are there any bars that show matches of Celtic Football Club?

cheers

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is an Irish Pub downtown on Yaxchilan. Most tourists know of La Parilla. It is on the second floor, above a Japanese restaurant, in the building just past La Placita, which is about 50 yards north, left if facing La Parilla.

Sorry but I don't know the name but I met Patrick, the mgr, the other night in the Japanese place. We just call it the Irish Pub. I have not been there but I know they have Guinness. As easy walk from any bus that comes downtown, or the bus plus a $20 peso taxi after getting off the bus.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice