Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by ToriB, Mar 27, 2010.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wonderful advice...Thank you and I still hope I am getting it still!!!!

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tori,
    I have no clue what Mix was saying but even if you have Cablemas at home, without a WIFI capability, like a wireless router, you cannot even be using your iTouch.

Ultimately (unless you get the media package from Telcel, but that's a whole other story and a place you don't want to go in this thread) you need ACCESS TO THE INTERNET in a wireless way. Open access is like it is unsecured. Like at many restaurants, hotels etc OR Restricted Access, like at Starbucks, where at a minimum you need a User Name and their password. Like if you were my close neighbor I could give you my WEP code and you could just log on as another user on my home network.

Clear as mud?

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't want to bump against TJ, but, mud.

If you're using your iPod to listen to music and play games, you're going to use the included cable to connect to your PC or Mac. In fact, when you turn your new iPod touch on for the first time, it's going to tell you in words and pictures that you must connect to your computer, and if you don't already have iTunes, you're going to have to download and install it. It's free at www.apple.com.

While there are "unofficial" ways to download music onto your iPod, at your level of expertise, no insult intended, iTunes is going to be the easiest way to get music onto your iPod, download free and paid applications (I'm on my 2000nth game of solitaire) and manage updates to the iPod's operating system. You do this with an account at the iTunes store, either in Mexico or the US, and it's free unless you start buying music and applications. As a first time user, you'll be guided through all this during the initial handshake with your computer.

So even without WiFi your going to have a fully functional entertainment device that you can enjoy. You can download the music content of your computer, download your mail address book and get applications from the iTunes store all without wireless connectivity.

You can then configure the WiFi aspect while seated in Starbucks and you can get your mail and surf the web away from home. The WiFi setup is easy. You go to the settings menu, touch WiFi and the iPod will tell you what connections are available. Pick one, and if it needs a password, it will tell you. Enter the password and your done.

This should all become clearer once you're touching the Touch with your own hands. Enjoy. The world is full of mouth breathers who have fully tweaked iPods. Someone as intelligent as you is not going to have a problem.

4. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are right, once I actually have one to play around with, it will come easy. I have about 4 ipods here with me and have over 2000 song in my itunes library. So all of that is easy as pie. It's just the wifi that I feel very intimidated by. But I am sure all will be fine if I get it.

Thanks for your patience with me!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice