Invest 93

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TraceyUk, Jun 21, 2010.

1. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    got our 18th nido this morning. Still banking on the tortugas. Watched 2 young ones playing in the water yesterday while I was stretching after my morning run. C'mon tortugitas!

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Turtles

I'm still counting on them, Kathy! All models are now predicting this storm will pass over the Yucatan Peninsula, with the leading edge perhaps reaching here in another day, or two; then a day or two for it to move on, which would bring us to about Tuesday, by which time we should be seeing the backside of it!

So far as I know, nobody is predicting more than more wind and more rain, from this one. Anybody hear differently?

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,254 / 14
    Wunder Blog : Weather Underground

Nothing to worry about, but it's going to be a bit wet. Wonder how La Taberna will be for the Mexico game since it always floods badly on Yaxchillan.

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I'm thinkin' you'd need more than your Wellie's to get there, and back, Steve.

Pat O'Brien's it is, then!

The storm does appear a little more organized, now, and there are some indications of early stages of "rotation" which, in my layman's sense of things is characteristic of anything we might call a tropical storm.

5. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good thing the new La Taberna is literally around the corner, and that Sayil is quite steep, hehe :icon_wink:

6. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    National Hurricane website now states 80% chance

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hmm, I see you're already doing your strategic hurricane planning, Rawkus! This, coupled with your stockpile, when things hot up, should get you through....

Ida formed, last year, just about where this system is now, and reached hurricane strength in just about two days, as I recall. I don't think that's going to be the history of this storm, but you never can know for sure.

Everybody's watching it, now. I'm going with Steve's prediction (the one he referred us to, anyway: rain, and 40 MPH winds about Sunday).

8. Benuk

Benuk Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what a great website just had a good look, cheers and a little off topic but Rawkus are you Swedish?, I only ask because my girlfriend is :) I emailed
    La Taberna to see if they will be open for the England game.

9. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @V: Haha, just bought 80 liters of water today, but not only in case of a hurricane :)

As long as Taberna on Sayil is open and serve beer, then Ill survive ANYTHING and EVERYTHING mother nature will throw at me :aktion033:

@Benuk: Oh, you lucky man, haha :icon_cool: Yeah, Swedish (lets not talk about our "participation" in the World Cup...)

Say "Hej" to your girl and "glad midsommar" :)

Just to clarify: Ben, there are TWO La Tabernas. One around the corner from me(across the street from WV Plaza Las Americas) and then the one in Centro, where most expats go.

I prefer the new one where we live, as I have learned my way home, regardless of how many beers Ive had, hehe ;)

10. Benuk

Benuk Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They open for the England game?. She has taught me a little Swedish a fair amount of bad words though haha. Sorry to go off topic I have only really been to Yaxchilan drinking

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice