Invasion!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Dec 23, 2006.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone else having a problem with small black flies/mosquitoes? Not quite sure what they are, but in the morning my floor is almost black with their carcasses! They congregate towards the lights (like all good bugs) and I don't think they are biters, just annoying cleaning them up in the morning.

Is it just me?

2. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They are in my stairwell. So no it's not just you but I live like 3 houses down from you so that probably doesn't help much. lol

3. Kris in Cancun

Kris in Cancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know about little black bug things, but I sure do have Mosquitos invading my apartment. Am hoping my window will finally get fixed after the holidays and I can cease being food for the moscos!

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    None here, and no mossies too at the moment. Just those tiny ants that seem to get everywhere.

Welcome to the forum Dark Pearl, I see you just registered. Let us know more about yourself :wink:

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They have not crossed Kabah Ave yet, fortunately for me.

We've got fleas right now though, probably something to do with having 9 cats. I'm going to break down and actually buy flea collars I think. Then I'll sit back and film the cats trying to pull off their collars.

6. Kris in Cancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I haven't seen fleas yet...thank goodness! Had some monster-sized ants in the house last night though. I never had to put the flea stuff on my dog back in TX, but think it might be a good idea to start applying it here??

I moved down about a month ago and am working in the dive shop that sponsors this forum. So far, pretty good...a few hiccups, but nothing major. Looking forward to getting a bit more settled and meeting up with new friends.

Happy Holidays!
    Kris

7. BiznKitty

BiznKitty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Little black bugs

When I lived in Belize, we would get covered with the little critters everytime the wind was from the north. Usually in the winter months when it was cooler. We had great screens in good shape. They were so small they would come through the screens and cover the floors. We had to sweep the house every morning. Almost as annoying as the birds that would wake us up with their morning chatter every morning. We didn't have air conditioning so we had to keep the windows open for the breeze.

8. Kris in Cancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've got air conditioning, but everybody's got me scared to death to use it...with the horror stories of electric bills here, I've literally used the ac about 3 times for a total of 15 minutes!

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of the things I like best about living here is the chatter of the birds in the morning.

10. BiznKitty

BiznKitty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's interesting. I thought electricity was somewhat reasonable in Mexico. We had a neighbor in Belize who put split units in several rooms. His electric was running him about $900 US a month. It didn't seem to bother him, but that was more than we were paying for rent.

So what what would be an example of an electric bill for someone who uses A/C? Obviously it's going to vary depending on temperature and use, but an idea would be helpful.

Biz

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice