Internet Speed -- Quick survey

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by coby, Oct 26, 2009.

1. coby

coby Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know this is totally evil, but since I started the thread I thought maybe I'd get a little bit of liberty :)

[​IMG]

12 down/2 up for $29.00 USD/month in Missouri. They also have a 25 down/5 up for $60.00 USD/month (which we have at the office.)

I miss the beach, and the weather, and the beach, but telecomm here makes me really happy :)

Edit: To D.F.
    [​IMG]

2. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My NOC is in Germantown MD, so I selected the only MD server.

[​IMG]

I'll test on playawireless in a sec. Oh, I pay $59.99/month.

This cranitomy is driving me insane. Anyone know what is used to hold the skull flap back? Some kind of system. Like I said, driving me insane. s/l walter someting.

anyway, Hughes is satellite internet and I'm in PaaMul QRoo but that doesn't matter to the internets - they think I'm at my NOC - Germantown, MD.

Here is playawireless. It isn't always this slow though.

[​IMG]

And for good measure, Hguhes againe.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

Zzzzzzzzzzz. I don't think I can even imagine 9 mb, that's like warp speed compared to what we are used to.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    Hmm, I haven't done this for a while but it looks like my 2 Meg connection has been upgraded:

[​IMG]

5. benandliza

benandliza Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    THANKS ALL! :uk1:

6. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah, but mine varies. I tested twice a little while after that and got 5 and 0.44. And my ping time is ginormous (which is what happens when your signal goes 25K miles up to a bird, 25K miles down to the NOC, 25K miles back up to the bird and 25K miles back here) compared to everyone else, and that, i believe, is called latency. Ugh. Which means VOIP sucks green donkey balls. Also, I'm not supposed to be this fast. I honestly don't know why it is, because the datastorm (mobile satellite internet gurus) say my equipment cannot support this speed, but it has been since 2005, so go figure. And again, it varies. And again again, it is gone in the rain. No reception whatsoever until the big fat rain clouds go away. BUT, I get to take it with me and we can be in the middle of the Baja desert with no infrastructure anywhere for kilometers and I can be online working. Course, now that we're in a stick house, that's not such a big deal.

OH, and another again, we are limited in how much we can download - for our service level, it is only 200mb in a rolling 24-hour period.

7. hodamayo

hodamayo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Telmex is now offering a 5MB service. I can run 5 consecutive VoIP phones on my 4 MB of service. Look under Negocio in telmex.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice