Internet Speed -- Quick survey

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by coby, Oct 26, 2009.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

God know how much we pay for these speeds!

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    OUT OF TOUCH

Mixz1, I'm afraid I don't have much to contribute to such a highly technical, but nevertheless interesting, thread. I'm still a 20th Century dinosaur, even though we will soon complete the tenth year of the 21st!

As for cost, 100MBps cost $25 USD/month, as I recall, at my apt in Bangkok; as Coby pointed out, the actual performance wasn't quite that, but it was fast. I'm willing to let someone tell me that's impossible 'cause as I said, I'm not that up on this stuff, but I was surprised to see how long it takes to download a movie, here, with my speeds being what the others seem to be reporting, aside from Steve, whose is somewhat faster.

V.

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yikes. I'd kill for that. That's not a residence, is it? If it's a business, my guess you're on a T1 connection. Please provide more info.

4. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes Miz - i'm at the best day offices on Bonempak - sometimes it's loads faster than that, I bet it really does cost a fortune though!

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: OUT OF TOUCH

Actually, I was inviting your input on the economics part of my post concerning the impact of the communications monopoly as a whole and its ramifications viz. the inhibition of the growth of the data handling and e-commerce portions of the Mexican GDP.

It is said that you cannot venture out of your home and purchase anything without somehow enriching Carlos Slim. With his stranglehold on voice and data, you don't even have to leave your home to put more money in his pocket.

The only reason for the increase in speeds that TelMex is rolling out is the pressure from a competitor in the DF. I'm sure Slim has tried to exterminate that competition, and he seems to have failed, hence the preparation of locations outside the DF for higher speed provisioning. Meanwhile, I maintain that Slim is a key player among those who enrich themselves at the expense of the rest of the nation.

6. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And they let you "play" at work?

7. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm researching things about Cancun :lol: that's my excuse!

8. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    TOO MUCH CREDIT

Mixz1, even that's giving me far too much credit. I'll just resume my former position as an armchair spectator to the discussion that's going on, here.

9. benandliza

benandliza Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Updates

Hey all, I would really appreciate it if some speedtest updates could be posted. Thanks all

10. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here is my speed from our house.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice