Internet Slow AGAIN!!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mixz1, Sep 3, 2008.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can reach most websites SOB. Anything NOB seems dead. When I try to ping www.nytimes.com I get a destination unreachable return. I can ping telcel but not MSNBC. It seems as though the border had been closed on the net. Anybody else enjoying this situation?

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me too. Thought it was just me. Some sites are ok and others not. I did just open your NYT site though!

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't get to Gmail...well I can't get to my Gmail Contacts (and I really NEED to). But CancunCare is hosted in the US and it's working fine. Twitter is in the UK (I think) and is slow but working.

4. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can get into Gmail but not hotmail. And seems I spoke to soon about the New York Times! Got into it and then when i wanted to read the delicious article on gelato(!) it won't open!

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Warning: Geek-speak below!!

I just did a tracert (trace route) to Cancuncare, and luckily it's only 8 hops, which is amazingly few and may explain why it's up while other stuff is not.

I guess the hamster running the wheel on Slim's 30 peso router died.

6. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    looks like the slowdown is over.

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes! The hamster lives (or they brought in a sub).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice