Internet providers in cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by violet0905, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Drummer

Drummer Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its pretty quick! Shows what can be done in Mexico in terms of technology when the will is there.

I've been using it for a week so far - as I said I work from home so i use it all day and then in the evening to stream video to TV. Its been stable all the time apart from around 6 hours one day when it went down to around 0.5Mbs up and down. Not too bad.

Maybe worth asking Axtel when they will offer the service in Cancun. If enough please ask.....

Does anyone know of any serviced offices in Cancun that you can rent by the day?

2. lim_ah

lim_ah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure how many people know about this yet but Cablemas are offering a VideoTotal package for $499 with 260+ channels including some HD, and people on this package can add internet up to 200mbps. I just changed my package and so far I'm getting around 80mbps, but I'm hoping they'll get that fixed. They only made the change a couple of hours ago so it may take some time for the speeds to settle (I experienced something like that when we first signed up with them, it took a day or two to hit full speeds). Adding 200mbps costs $990 and you can add a phone package with prices going from $169-299.

The link is here if anyone is interested:
    Video Total

3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They have virtual office things at the ibis hotel in downtown i think.

4. Drummer

Drummer Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info about Ibis - will check it out when I come over to Cancun for a seaside holiday!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice