Internet Problems

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Feb 7, 2007.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone else suffering? Gmail & Google (including all Steve's Google Ads) are not coming up for me. I can still get to some sites, like hotmail and CancunCare. But a bunch of sites are timing out on me.

Life is ugly without the internet.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Amen, sister. My home CPU is in the shop due to some USB port issues. I guess they're reinstalling the driver. No CC from home tonite :cry:

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, as soon as I posted things got better. But it was pretty bad for a couple of hours.

4. lilnottsman

lilnottsman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same here

Been seeing the same problems here today. I tracked it down to one of the servers on the mexican side. Not sure if it is Telmex owned or not...

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My kid was chatting with pals in Europe who could get to all the sites we could not reach so I figured it was something here.

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep. It was a problem with uninet connects to California.

And, yes, uninet is owned by Telmex. :(

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Yes, problems here too around 3:30pm.

Decided to take a siesta (school run is getting to me) and all was OK when I woke up.

8. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Someplace in a damp basement in a dark corner of Quintana Roo, there's a 1983 IBM PCjr, 16 MB or RAM, a 5" floppy and a 12 inch GE portable TV for a monitor hooked up to a Sears portable generator. I'm sure this is what TelMex uses as a DNS server. Those of you old enough to remember will know what I mean :shock: .

9. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually if you have a PCjr in good condition, you can probably sell it for quite a bit on eBay. :)

Those weren't the days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice