Internet at last

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A friend of mine just spent more than TWO full months waiting for his DSL modem to be activated..so relatively speaking, you were connected at warp speed. Calling them is an absolute waste of time..they will get it done when they get around to it unless you pay someone, and even then your odds don't improve much... Bienvenidos a Mexico. :D

2. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    250 peso's = £12.50 :shock: .

The company charges min of £140, I knock 'em out for £50..... you sir got a bargain :lol: :lol:

A comon trick, we do this to justify the $250pesos / £50 we've mugged you of previously and to make the job look harder than it actually was. :lol: :lol:

Ian :lol:

3. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree, I cant think of anything he would have had to do at the substation, unless you had a bad connection. The "green light" comes on when they activate your modem in their system. Which means someone, sitting in the office logs into the network and tells the server to give modem number "X" access to the internet. NOT the guy sitting at the box playing with a few wires...unless, as was said, you had a bad connection to start with, but I think you would have noticed poor call quality if that were the case. I have a feeling that this is what happened to my friend....the "workers" wanted him to pony up a handful of cash before they were going to radio in the modem activation request. And since its a monopoly, and none of the bosses seem to give a $#it about the problems and slowness of their workers, this is what happens. Its very frustrating, but its a "take it or leave it" situation. :?

4. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ian works for BT?

5. Matty

Matty Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good to see you back around here mate,the owner!

6. Matty

Matty Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    how far from ya old place mate?

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Well, we got our phone bill today and sure enough we've been charged a full month for Prodify when we didnt have it for over 2 weeks.

Not far from the old place Matty, just around the corner.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    C'mon Steve, do your part to keep Carlos Slim at number 2! You wouldn't want him to slip back to only being the 3rd richest man in the world!

9. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Openreach, a division of BT.

And I was joking about charging for the extensions, used to do 'em when I worked for another SP (service providers ) and am remotely aware of cheaper options available to the EU's ( End Users ) but do not partake in such P45 envoking practice's myself.

Must not post on here when p*ssed and shoot my gob off as well..... :roll: :roll:

Ian :lol: :lol:

10. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ah. :)

Well, knowing corporate and government penchance for naming things the opposite to what they really are ("telcel Amigo", "No child left behind", Patriot Act" etc), I'm guessing work for "closed and unreachable" :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice