INSURANCE

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by SamCancun, Jun 15, 2009.

1. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for such a detailed reply, i really appreciate the effort :) I'll save all that info for the future.

2. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We ran into this last November when we bought a Mexican vehicle. I had done all kinds of research on the pros and cons of buying a Mexican vehicle Vs buying a US one there Vs bringing one in. Everything that I found up to that time indicated that buying a Mexican one would be our best bet.

We were able to buy it and the 'title' is and can be in our name but the problem is when you go to register (get plates) it. Seems that the law changed at the beginning of 2008 that in order to register a Mexican vehicle one had to b a National or hold an FM2 but it was not enacted until late October.

When we were unable to register it I searched again and found that a few others had only recently encountered this new law. Luckily we have a dear friend who was willing to help us out.

As for Insurance, both for the car and our Casa, we went with a recommendation that I found here:

Luis Lobo
    AV Tulum192 Local 24B SM 4
    Cancun Q. Roo 77500
    MEXICO
    998-884-8200
    998-892-3575
    fax 998-884-9640
    cel 998-845-3356
    nextel cd 72*708072*4
    skype luis lobo2

Have not needed him for the car, thank God, but when our house was broken into last February he had the adjuster there the very next afternoon and the claim was resolved quicker than we've ever had done in the States.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice