Injections for English

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by 84Hutch, Jan 19, 2009.

1. IndyGirl

IndyGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was with the Indiana Blood Center, QUINTANA ROO is flagged for Malaria. No one can give blood that has been to this area within the last 12 months. At least that was my case.:huh:

2. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Quintana Roo was on our list a few years ago but not any more. Hopefully, IN will lift it soon. They should all be FDA regulated. I never have a problem with mosquito's while in Cancun.

Thanks for trying to give blood. Giving blood is giving life. :)

3. IndyGirl

IndyGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I tried, but unfortunately I won't be able to give next year either as we are going to Cancun in a week. Unless they lift it. We have never be alarmed while we there, and haven't gotten any shots before we go.

4. hcube

hcube Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Theresa, I sent you a PM.

QUOTE=theresa1166;360983]I am a RN with a large Midwest blood bank (not ARC). I travel all over Iowa, Illinois and Missouri. I can tell you that we do not defer you if you have traveled to Cancun or anywhere in that area. If you go as far south as Costa Maya, then you will be deferred for malarial travel. A few years ago, Cancun was on the list but it has since been lifted.

Hcube...you should give blood to MVRBC. All of our blood goes to local hospitals and to our troops, if there is a call for need. :icon_smile:[/QUOTE]

5. April Newbies

April Newbies Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh you are so right! Martin gets soooooo worked up when there isn't a Scottish option on forms etc!!

Prior to our first trip to Mexico (Playa del Carmen) over 10 yrs ago, our GP surgery suggested Hep A, typhoid and tetanus booter. (they also suggested hep B but we had both already had due to our work) We asked about Malaria and after looks of research the surgery decided we didn't need.

During the holiday I fell ill and failed to clear it for about 3 weeks after we got back despite having lots of antibiotics thrown at me. It got to the point the surgery decided to test me for malaria. At this point the Dr lectured me that I should have attended the surgery and taken anti-malarias! In no uncertain terms I told him to read my notes - they had told me I didn't need them!

Thankfully, I didn't have malaria and it didn't put me off heading back to Mexico!:clappyinghappy::clappyinghappy:

6. Canny-Lad

Canny-Lad Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Strangely enough I never think of myself as English, I always state my nationality as British. Iv'e met people from all over the world, some I like, some I dislike, but their country of birth has never been a factor in forming my opinion of them. In fact, I'll party with anyone :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice