Injections for English

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by 84Hutch, Jan 19, 2009.

1. 84Hutch

84Hutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bonjour and good morning.

Just a quick one on injections. Does anyone know whether it is neccesary to have a few injections to protect ones self whilst in Mexico, I hear hepatitis injections are an option?

Gracias

2. perkipsie

perkipsie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    No injections needed. They appear as recommended in the tourist travel site but that only really applies if you are travelling to the inner citys. Cancun is perfectly fine with no extras (We about to leave on our 4th trip)

Hope that helps

3. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Injections for English?

First of all, your English doesn't seem too bad!

Secondly, if a person could get an injection for "English", I'm sure the Brits would have found a way to give all of France that injection :lol:

Sorry, I just could NOT resist! :cool:

4. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    From what I have been told the only problem is if you travel into the jungle you need to protect youself from Malaria, not talking about a little day trip, but a pro long stay in the jungle. Terry

5. 84Hutch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All thanks for your advice. I have seen the nurse, malaria isnt needed but she did vaccinate me against Typhoid and Hep B and will be topping up my tetnus in a few weeks! Better safe than sorry I guess.

The Nurse said while Cancun is pretty Americanised, they still class Mexico as a 3 rd world country here so vaccinate against Hep B

6. Ali & Dean

Ali & Dean Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Us Brits should be vaccinated against the Americans. LOL. And if my husband calls the UK a 3rd world country one more time, I swear..... :box:

7. 84Hutch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Husband called the founder members of planet Earth 3rd world? Very strange.

8. Harpers

Harpers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well from a medical point of view I would make sure you have at least had your tetnus booster (every 5 years whether u go away or not!), and recommended is Gamma Glob, this will cover for Hep B & C (better to be safe than sorry!)

Malaria will not be a problem nor should polio.

Dr Harp

9. rflashman

rflashman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [sociologist mode on]

Remember that while traditionally Mexico was considered a third-world country (following classical cold war definition), the current socio-economic state of Mexico places it closer to a first-world country (most of the population earns more than $1/day, easy access to modern health care, sanitation, yada yada...)

[sociologist mode off]

10. 84Hutch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yer i must say i did think 3rd world was a bit much! Images of mud huts and shanti towns immediately sprung to mind! We English consider any country other than ourselves and the states 3rd world to be honest! haha, whilst not being overly patrotic, it still feels me with pride pulling out the Great British Passport haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice