Incident at Moon Palace

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Trent, May 10, 2007.

1. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well we do have a dead body of a tourist who seems to have no history of being stupid in the past.

And we know that each side is still making highly disparate accusations of other, so clearly there's no clarity here. (As evidence, the sisters are still accused of a crime in Mexico by a government which has provided no evidence which might implicate them.)

I have no idea what really happened or who may have been to blame - but I do know who is not meeting their responsibility to definitively establish that - and with that lack of credibility goes all other.

Be pleased with your media Glenn or Monique - after all, but for the grace of God... etc etc...

I only wish the media in the United States would have been as adamant about that woman that was raped and murdered in Aruba. Instead, they left it entirely up to the mother - with her limited resources - to try and see justice done for her daughter. (Which I don't recall ever happening even though the kid from Amsterdam (?) confessed in confidence to the crime.)

2. Doc

Doc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First off let me say my wife and i love cancun!we have gone since 1998 every year sometime twice a year.and we loved the bbg.but cancun has gone down hill over the past few years.we have been told that drug runners have taken over.even blowing up a news paper office not to long ago.last time we was thare we seen armed police with m16`s all over cancun.
    now after saying that as for the death of the man from canada.it is vary sad
    and i am in no way trying to put blame on anyone,but if people dont feel safe.cancun can kiss a lot of money goodbye.when the young lady was killed in aruba people lined up to change thare plans to visit aruba and still havent had the number return since.cancun needs to step up and take control.people want fun,sun,brews,and sex,and to have it all and feel safe at the same time!

3. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    I think we should wait until the results of his autopsy get back. I think they are gonna be able to clarify if he fell or was beaten to death. I hope our Canadian friends will put forth the info when it get's reported.

4. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a huge eye opener when I lived in Cancun.
    I was good friends with a police officer and a "traffic officer".

One day we were driving around looking for a place to eat when this older couple was clearly needing some help.
    My friend (who is a big guy) got out of his car to see what was wrong and right in front of my eyes this guy pulls out an automatic hand gun, points it at him, smacked him right across the face and told him to mind his own business. After I saw that I jumped out of the car and ran. (Yeah I know, some friend)
    When I met with my friend he explained to me that the guy was a cop and he was taking money from the couple. He was upset for a while about that because there was nothing he could do. A few days later he found out who the guy was and he was something like a detective/supervisor.

I was also robbed by the security at the Calinda Beach hotel one time.
    But I went crazy enough that they put my wallet back. That was a long story but they distracted me and told me to look in my bag again and there it was!!!!!!!! I thanked them for giving it back and they went on their way.

With all that being said - I still love Mexico. Those are just my experiences.

5. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    Not sure how much more we'll hear in Canada on this subject. It's already become old news here. I think the only way we will hear more is if the family is still in disagreement with results of the autopsy. I guess we'll find out next week.

6. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also saw police riding around hold m-16's when i was in cancun in march. The amount of drugs available was sickening. All you had to do was ask and you could receive. It's hard not to blame a country and a city that already has a bad reputation. You have cops stealing money from innocent people and others accepting money in exchange for not putting someone in jail. These occurences make it easy to point a finger. I hate to believe that this man was beaten to death by hotel security, but we may never know the truth.

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well as a Canadian hearing all of this...

I don't think they are exaggerating this at all in the media, well not in Toronto anyways. This was mentioned and dropped so to speak.

Nothing like the couple that was murdered in the Mayan

The accounts that are coming out are obviously sad and terrible to hear about someone on vacation. But I don't like to come to a conclusion until we all know what the coroner says.

Perfect example, once the CDN authorrities got that kids body from Acacupulco, the family didn't wanna release the toxicology report. Weird if you ask me, considering the kids freind said they didn't drink

Well I have been to Cancun 6 times now, and 6 years in a row, and my thoughs are always if you mind your P's and Q's you will be fine, don't look for trouble and it won't find you..

But as a Canadian we of course can't help but wonder when the heck the MExican authorities won't stand up and come to bat for their tourists that are dying over there...they must hate all this media attention..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice