In need of exact info for FM3 pics please

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Rudyman, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Rudyman

Rudyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What size, black and white, front and or side views etc are needed for our FM3? Want to take them here in the states and have them ready when we get to Cancun immigration. All else is ready but pics. Any precise info would be very much appreciated

2. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To get your FM3 you need a pasport photo....mine is in color...to register your FM3 here you will need a 2 x 3, I think it is.....smaller than a passport photo, they will have to be black and white....one full face and the other right side profile....but i would get the smaller ones here....the places here know exactly what to do...there is a place called photo sexy across the street from market 28 that will do them while you wait....

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to the photo place that the INM agent told me to go to. It's on Uxmal across from the bus station. They know what to do and do it quickly.

I wouldn't bother with doing it in the States, too much chance it will not be to spec.

My FM3 pic is black and white.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with the previous posters, wait til you get here. I think the place Rivergirl mentioned is called "Fotos Guillermo" and they know exactly what immigration wants (and it's very specific, including a stamp on the back with signatures etc).. As RG said, it's right across the street from the bus station.

FYI, bonus info, they are also the place to go for Canadian passport photos, they knew exactly what I needed and did it right the first time.

5. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fotos Guillermo gets my vote too.... all my pictures taken (FM3, Mexican job app, American visa)...and they knew the specs instantly for all. Rather different in the States...and this was for US Immigration in a neighborhood full of immigrants

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    >Fotos Guillermo gets my vote too....

Mark me down for a "me too" as well.

7. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "Sexy Foto" near Market 28 is recommended....

I was told that the FM3 photos HAD to be b/w... because I remember thinking that was a little weird...

8. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Life is exactly right....I got my FM3 in Atlanta and they didn't care if the pics were b/w or color....here, to register my address, the pics had to be B/W only...Foto Sexy does a great job and knows exactly what is needed and will do it while you wait, as will several other places. Best bet....just wait till you get here for pics. The rules change every day it seems...

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. They must be 2 cm x 2 cm, black and white with a white background.

2. Rivergirl is right. The simplest thing to do is to walk out of the bus station, make a left, cross Uxmal at the crosswalk area and it is a storefront almost straight ahead of you. The top line on their sign says FOTOS. They are fast, cheap and do it right. It's a no brainer.

10. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Must. Resist. Urge.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice