in case there is a hurricane

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by eutiqueo, May 30, 2007.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, that was a big thing here, during Wilma LOTS of walls collapsed.

And my car charger saved my butt after the hurricane...

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve - That was a good one.

River Girl - I lost my "ride" to a falling wall. That was a crushing blow; pun intended.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ - I remember that well, the pic you posted is etched permanently in my mind...

4. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bread would be a good thing to get before a hurricane, as well. I was there for Isidore in 2002. It went north of us as a Cat-3 but hammered Merida as a Cat-4. There was no bread to be found anywhere in Cancun for at least a week, going on two weeks actually, after that storm. Merida is the major hub for that area of Mexico, and if roadways between Merida and Cancun are severed, as they were then, it gets interesting.
    **I do understand that Isidore was absolutely nothing like Wilma, just thought I'd add that cuz I'm not trying to compare.**

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Carrie - Silly girl. Only a few people eat bread, except for Tortas. We eat tortillas. Plus the shelf life is longer.

Great suggestion though and I am only somewhat teasing.

6. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do know that. I was one of those few people. I was not in control of finances, although I was the only one with a job ....:evil:..... so I pretty much lived on PB & J sandwiches the whole five months I was in Mexico. I haven't had another PB & J in the four and a half years since.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice