Imss.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rawkus, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jim: Got it sorted already, thanks. Our "personbevis" are not the same as birth certificates. They are actually a withdrawal from the "peoples registry".

I had to get one called "For Foreign Use", which had to be printed on the spot(Stockholm in my case), as it has to be stamped and signed. My dear mom took care of it though. ;)

3. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: Yeah, the number should be unique, but unfortunately it doesnt satisfy the need of the company, haha.

Im gonna ask for the card - seems like a "smoother" thing to carry around than the booklet.

4. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Scorpio: In IMSS´s defense(haha), I knew they wouldn't accept my application, as I couldn't present a birth certificate.

Im pleased that other institutions are more flexible when it comes to us Swedes not having the damn certificate.

Im more p*ssed off with A: The failure of delivering info the first few visits, and B: The company NOT even telling me "hey, guess what! We can help you..."

In the end of the day, its just another experience.

Same and worse has happened in Thailand, Norway(!!), Greece and Australia...

In Australia I was 36 hours from being deported, since the Swedish "study-board" had a different pay-out date than the entire school system in Australia... After quite a few nervous weeks, countless phone-calls back home and fuming visits to the Embassy, it got sorted.

The Swedish study-board finally realized that "hey, its THEIR country, THEIR rules" etc. A very apologetic letter from my Embassy and a 3 hour sit-down at the immigration office in Melbourne, did the job...

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Rawkus, ever get the feeling bad luck just follows you around? I was by Unidad de Medicina Familiar No.15 today (the place where you got the Carnet): it was deadly quiet, with no lines, and no waiting, at any of the windows or stations.

6. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My boss is Swedish and has the same luck!!! Just for you Rawkus:
    [ame=&feature=related]‪PAT TRAVERS BAND LIVE-BORN UNDER A BAD SIGN PART 2‬‏ - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  7. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: Typical, hahaha ;)

Gonzo: Uh-oh... Should I be worried? :D

Thanks for the song as well, haha.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice