Important US Airways Baggage restriction announced

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I received the following from US Airways today,

Today, US Airways announced a change to our baggage policy. Beginning May 5, 2008, we’ll charge $25 for a second checked bag. The new fee applies to travel on or after May 5 for tickets purchased on or after February 26, 2008.

We’re making these changes to offset record fuel prices and rising airline related expenses. We simply must make changes to the way we do business to provide all of you with the high level of service that you’ve come to expect from US Airways. Also, we’re doing all we can to keep fares low. With this policy change, we’re able to give you the choice to avoid the fee and pack fewer items. With fewer bags to process, we save both money and fuel and can pass that savings on to you.

Dividend Miles Preferred members are exempt from the fee, and we’re also waiving the fee for:

Confirmed First Class and Envoy passengers
    Passengers with Star Alliance Silver or Gold status
    Active military personnel in uniform and with ID
    Unaccompanied minors
    Passengers checking personal assistive devices

2. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

That's FUNNY!!!!

I've flown USAirways many times, and I haven't experienced high level of service!

3. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Personally, I have always had good experiences with US Airways, including being upgraded to 1st class a couple of times because the gate attendant just decided to do so. I was very unhappy about this change as I always take an extra suitcase to fill up with items from the US or elsewhere that I can't find here.

I would not be surprised to see other airlines following suit.

4. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Frank, I live in Pittsburgh, so I'm not real happy with USAir.

They took their hub from Pittsburgh, and a LOT of jobs were lost.

5. lks1165

lks1165 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    United is also doing it, I think it will be a matter of time before all airlines apply this rule. :evil:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice