Immigrations Sucks

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by gene37412, Feb 27, 2008.

1. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wish someone would stick the rule book where the sun doesn't shine at the immigrations office. Got my Fm3 re-newed no problem. The next week my wife was turned down because there was not enough income on the bank statements...WTF...its the same as mine. Also the bank statements now have to be translated into spanish....another 250.00 pesos per page expense. The part that really gets me is we arn't doing this ourselves but using an lawyer to get it done. Luckily the ass that turned my wife down is no longer there so the lawyer took the paperwork to a different person and she was approved with no problem. But we still have to translate the bank statement into spanish. When bringing this up with our lawyer we were told that the immigration law in Mexico is the only law that is up to total interpretation by the offical behind the counter. No wonder the rules change every day. My friend said it best..."These ass holes really know how to F@#k up paradise.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The sub-delegados at the downtown INM office really do have too much discretion in the way they interpret immigration rules imho. It makes dealing with INM into this mushy inconsistent aggravating process. If they just stuck to one interpretation people could adjust to that, but no, that would be too simple. My understanding is that there are two sub-delegados downtown and one has much more conservative interpretations of the law than the other does.

Mexico needs to embrace immigrants and grant ability to work much more easily than it does now. Immigrants, if given the power to, could help this country climb out of it's 3rd world position. Instead we are held down by restrictive policies which prevent us from easily making Mexico better.

(...jumps off soap box and goes back to work...)

3. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well thats the one thing they don't want. why should they? their country, their rules.

4. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ohhhh, and gene:

the mexican part of my family just read your article... i'm gonna spare you 99% of what they said and i will put it into a more "diplomatic" way:

if you don't like the ways of this country feel free to leave!"

5. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I'm sure that everyone would be much happier if Mexican Immigrations worked the way that the Mexican Government wants the US Immigrations to work. :D

Jamie

6. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You always have to translate bank statements and the like into Spanish!

If you don't want to pay the $$$ for a perito to translate the whole thing, you can translate it yourself and have a perito (always food to have one as an acquaintance) use their official stamp and done!

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's a total cop out!

I'm married to a Mexican and I love Mexico, I've been here almost 5 years now, I plan to become a citizen and I expect to retire here but that doesn't mean I have to sit here thinking that this place is perfect. Give me a break.

One of the worst things about Mexico is all the people who sit around and do nothing to fix the problems. They do nothing and they expect the public officials to do nothing. That's BS imho. If Mexico is great (and I think it IS) then it's WORTH IMPROVING! If Mexico is great then a dialog about how to make it better will be a constructive thing.

Don't give me that crap about shut up or ship out, you'll just piss me off! Oops...too late!

8. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    first of all, its not me telling you this. i just wrote the opinion of my girl which happens to be mexican. I get the idea that mexicans (talking for the ones i know) really don't like the idea of foreigners coming here and 'fixing' their country for them... and i can understand that. i wouldn't be very happy if someone would come into my house telling how i screwed everything up and telling me that he (or she) can fix it. since you' ve been living here for 5 years you should get an idea about that.

by the way, giving immigrants power to change things doesn't sound like a dialogue to me...

pissing you off sounds like an easy thing to me, but it happens that ppl have other opinions than you.

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So you are the messenger but don't want to have to defend the message. Got it.

All I did was give my opinion. Giving my considered opinion is what I do during a dialog. And since I've been here for 5 years, and since I've been married to a Mexican for almost 8 years, I do have strong opinions on what kind of changes might be healthy for Mexico.

If you don't like what I have to say then you are perfectly within your rights to not read anything I write.

10. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i don't have to defend anything or anyone... as a matter of fact i know that there is a lot to improve in this country but given the fact that i am a foreigner i know when to talk and when to be quiet. in the end i am not going to change this country but it definitely changed me.

my problems are that ppl always complain about the way it works in here and think they know whats best to do but in the end they screw up. one thing i learned very quick during my stay is that mexicans have strong feelings against ppl from other countries telling them what's not working (even if its true), they really don't like this 'talking down' to them and it doesn't matter if you are here for 5 days or 5 years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice