Immigration...

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by catbrown, Jul 10, 2008.

1. catbrown

catbrown Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is my 5th FM3 and I also have 2 companies if you get the picture.So today the ONLY thing I had to do in Cancun was deliver the next batch of papers to Immigration, so I caught the bus in. I am over asking them why didn't they ask me for those things at the beginning, I am over trying to second guess what extra things they need, I am ready to pay the fines because my visa has expired even though they were the ones who delayed it, I am over explaining to them how much they cost me in petrol coming in so many times from Puerto Morelos, I am over explaining to them that I actually have a job that needs attending to, so today, beaten and submissive I roll up to the door and they are CLOSED, they will also be closed tomorrow : administrative reasons. Now I am truly scared what if they are firing everyone, what if there is a whole different set of angry women there, what if they are changing all the rules while my 3 tramites are in there? Oh the horror.

Sign on the wall in Immigration " By Legal disposition it is forbidden to this office staff to receive any gratification"

2. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, That sign is scary! :roll: That means.... which exactly is?

I am sure River Girl will give you the right reasons. But they can't just disappear like that. They probably have many "pendientes" like yours. I understand coming from PM for nothing is upsetting. Mexico sigh...

3. catbrown

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    calmer after beach time

I wish it had been only one trip from PM there have been many. Thanks Jen, I hope River Girl sees the note, it would be good to know before I go again Monday when I know it will be really busy. Frankly I do not know how the staff handle it, all that noise, all those confused upset people. Now that we are not allowing them any gratification I'll just have to wear an even bigger smile, thinking super glue.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All of the immigration agents in the whole country are being flown (in groups) to Mexico City to take an "honesty and integrity" test. It's actually a very thorough background check along with drug testing. The agents in Cancun have been going this week. I'm guessing that this is the reason that the downtown Cancun office was closed. The agents I know of came back within 36 hours, so it's not a long drawn out thing.

The rumors are that they are hiring 70 new agents in Cancun. But given how many INM agents in Cancun have quit in recent weeks 70 new agents probably won't mean any increase at all.

The gov't is trying to crack down on the human smuggling mafia that has deep ties to INM. They have not (to my knowledge) succeeded in doing the undercover work it would take to root out the mafia. But they have made the work environment so hostile that even the crooks are quitting.

One interesting thing is that lots of the people deep in the mafia use drugs and can't pass the drug test.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Nothing much to add to the posts above but just wanted to welcome you to the forum. We seem to have quite a few espats living in Puerto Morelos around, the more the merrier :)

6. catbrown

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    seeing the light

You know one of the truly good lessons you learn here is that if something seems crazy there is usually a very good reason for it and one that humbles you when you finally find out. Thankyou River Girl

7. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cat,
    Don't feel alone I was there too.
    Now my wedding is being set back for 30-60 days. It's a damn good thing I didn't book a Caterer.

8. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On my way back to INM in 1 hour.
    Fill you in later, I am sure it will be another clusterf%@#+k.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice